ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley turns down Lakers…

yeah, crazy to turn down that job, but I respect it for not just being about the money. Maybe he likes living where he is, and has enough money as it is.

As a Lakers fan I would have liked him, but if I’m him I’m not sure I want to deal with LeBrons GM skills. NBA will still be there, go try and win 3 in a row at UConn something that hasn’t been done since John Wooden did it.

Last edited:
Larry Brown did well. Chuck Daly did well.
Neither of those coaches coached for the modern Lakers.

9 coaches in 7 years? or is it 7 coaches in 9 years? Either way that is AWFUL!

Hurley is smart to do what he did, well he is if he likes coaching. If he was looking for early retirement he could have taken the money, get his cup of coffee there, then wait to inevitably get fired in the next 7 months no matter what he did.

There is a reason that the Lakers can only hire younger, inexperienced guys. One part trying to "coach" and over controlling Lebron, the other is their delusional fan base and ownership.

Hurley got where is is at by demanding high energy defense while playing effective, team oriented offense. Doesn't sound like a recipe for success in the NBA to me.

Smart man. He took the interview and was very public about it, even praised the Lakers saying he was impressed with the offer and the organization. Doing everything he can to drive the price up at UConn.

As a Lakers fan I would have liked him, but if I’m him I’m not sure I want to deal with LeBrons GM skills. NBA will still be there, go try and win 3 in a row at UConn something that hasn’t been done since John Wooden did it.
I don't think he was into LeBron's "I want a partner not a coach" idea. That isn't how he runs things. Plus they have gone through a few coaches. And will they really be any better next year? The west is a gauntlet. Denver will be just as good. AD can't stop Jokic that isn't changing. You have two teams on the upswing with OKC and TWolves. And any team with Doncic is a danger.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT