ADVERTISEMENT

How many wins would it take for you to regain faith in the football program?

How many wins would it take to regain faith in the football program?

• 4 wins

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 5 wins

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • 6 wins

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • 7+

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters

Rebel10fan

NBA Draft Pick
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2005
24a28fa0e741a36da9282de8bd1d7acc--healthy-food-humor-quotes.jpg

It's not about wins to me. It's about being prepared, giving max effort, and executing. UNLV lost at all three of those phases on Saturday, even going back to Reno last year and before. This needs to change

Reactions: rebelzzz
It's not about wins to me. It's about being prepared, giving max effort, and executing. UNLV lost at all three of those phases on Saturday, even going back to Reno last year and before. This needs to change
It is always about wins, you sound like a participation trophy parent. Play hard and you are a winner bullsht. I have read way too many of your posts to believe you are that guy.

It is always about wins, you sound like a participation trophy parent. Play hard and you are a winner bullsht. I have read way too many of your posts to believe you are that guy.
In the context of where we are as a program, this is year three. What I wanted to see improve hasn't been the win column it's been the culture. I said on this forum when Sanchez was hired, to me, it's about progression as a program. He could win two one season, three the next and so forth, as long as there is improvement in the culture. To me, It's not about the wins, it's about improving as a program from where we were the year prior. Last year we laid an egg with Reno in town and that has carried over to Howard this year.

In the context of where we are as a program, this is year three. What I wanted to see improve hasn't been the win column it's been the culture. I said on this forum when Sanchez was hired, to me, it's about progression as a program. He could win two one season, three the next and so forth, as long as there is improvement in the culture. To me, It's not about the wins, it's about improving as a program from where we were the year prior. Last year we laid an egg with Reno in town and that has carried over to Howard this year.
I think that's the healthiest way to see it and it's an affordable way to see it because our history is crap. Had we had any recognition nationally or some tangible success, your suggestion would be a little off base. But our lack of history does afford some patience and lower bars. Or at least it makes low bars more realistic and acceptable.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
Or, as noted English historian and theologian Thomas Fuller one said, "the darkest hour is just before the dawn." I anticipate "dawn" in Moscow, but we'll really get our wake-up call in Columbus!

I wonder what the line will be? Ohio State -60 or -70?

I have to agree with KJ right now the and the state the program is in wins and losses don't matter as much as seeing improvement. Of course I want to see us win and be in the hunt for a mwc title each year but we are not even close to that right now. Saturday looked like the teams when Jeff Horton was coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT