ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
I know it's all about turkey and football today but please, take some time and reflect. It doesn't matter if you are 20 years old and invinceable or 80 years old and fragile. Nobody is guaranteed anything in this lifetime. Life as you know it can change at the snap of a finger. I know it all sounds cliche but when you REALLY think about it, you can see what I'm talking about.

Over the past couple of years, I've had some friends hit with really bad news. The type of stuff that just tears at the fabric of friends and family. And it was unexpected and quite frankly, unfair. But these things can happen to us or anyone close to us.

In today's world, with the frenetic pace and bombardment of information... life is such a grind for most people. There's more wasted energy, sometimes we don't even know what we are chasing. It's easy, REALLY easy, to lose focus on the truly important things. The world would be a better place if people could reflect on a daily basis and see that, but today should be a day where you actually do it.

So take a look around - think of those you care about. Be gracious for what you DO have and HAVE had. Surround yourself with those you love, because to be honest, all this other junk - sports, for example, even though we are passionate about it - it's not life. They just serve as necessary distractions to real life. In the end, it's all about family and friends. Everything else is small stuff. Think about it. So grab your kids, your parents, your siblings, your friends and anybody else you care about and give them a hug. And remember to be grateful for the things you do have instead of worrying about what you don't have.

Have a great time today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News