ADVERTISEMENT

Hands down

That was the most astounding and bizarre football game ever. When the cowboys tied the score with no time remaining, I thought, there we go again. But then we get saved by a penalty on a whistle that negates a missed field goal in the third overtime. Astounding.

As a side note, the football team outscored the b-ball team 69 to 68 and each team, wyoming and unlv beat the over at 62!!

Yikes and yikes. Go rebels.

My feed was a little soupy- was that catch on the long pass during the final drive for Wyoming trapped? We had a timeout, but didn't use it and they quick snapped and spiked it as soon as they lined up. Could have been a critical call.

My feed was a little soupy- was that catch on the long pass during the final drive for Wyoming trapped? We had a timeout, but didn't use it and they quick snapped and spiked it as soon as they lined up. Could have been a critical call.
The "catch" on the tipped ball that took WYO from their 30-ish to our 30-ish? Absolutely was trapped on the ground and not a catch. Kind of unbelievable that there was no review considering that the refs stopped play to announce that there was no penalty for pass interference because of the tipped ball. Glad we won, cuz that was a terrible miss by the replay official(s).

Reactions: rebelx
It was a critical call for sure and the refs blew it. He trapped it. And they did have time, they stopped play to announce there was no PI since it was tipped.

The catch was hard to tell, however the force out was questionable.

Reactions: rebelbuck
for better or for worse, the Wyoming football game is the best game I ever seen as far as excitement! I've been closely watching football since 1977
This feels like to could be a defining point in changing the direction of this program. This shows current athletes and future UNLV athletes what this program is capable of.

Although I place getting the cannon back as the first step on turning the ship, we will look back at this win as starting it all.

Totally disagree on both fronts. The catch was CLEARLY helped by the turf. The force out of bounds was CLEARLY the correct call as the UNLV corner pushed the Wyo reciever out of bounds.

Were we watching the same thing?

What is there to disagree about?

I think we are talking about different plays. I was talking about the TD catch, not the tipped pass. I thought the original poster was asking about game tying catch, not the one off the tipped ball that looks like it was trapped.

Are you talking about the McTyer pass interference call? Yes that most definitely was PI. I am talking about the play where the refs said receiver was forced out and came back in to make the catch. I thought he stepped out on his own and radio guys post game said he wasn't forced out. Sanchez in post game interview said he did not feel the receiver was forced out but you can't ask for a replay on it and booth doesn't review that call. This is not the same as the McTyer play.

We're talking about different plays.

Last edited:
What is there to disagree about?

I think we are talking about different plays. I was talking about the TD catch, not the tipped pass. I thought the original poster was asking about game tying catch, not the one off the tipped ball that looks like it was trapped.

Are you talking about the McTyer pass interference call? Yes that most definitely was PI. I am talking about the play where the refs said receiver was forced out and came back in to make the catch. I thought he stepped out on his own and radio guys post game said he wasn't forced out. Sanchez in post game interview said he did not feel the receiver was forced out but you can't ask for a replay on it and booth doesn't review that call. This is not the same as the McTyer play.

We're talking about different plays.

Fair enough on the catch. However, we are talking about the same play, I think, that forced overtime. The last second catch by Wyoming where the reciever stepped out of bounds in the end zone and came back in.

He was clearly shoved out by our guy, in my opinion.

Fair enough on the catch. However, we are talking about the same play, I think, that forced overtime. The last second catch by Wyoming where the reciever stepped out of bounds in the end zone and came back in.

He was clearly shoved out by our guy, in my opinion.

Like I said, play was difficult to see from where I sat. I simply relayed what was said on radio call & by Sanchez in post game news conference.

Never said good or bad call.

Reactions: UNLVFansincebirth22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT