ADVERTISEMENT

Great Sports Weekend

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
In September.

Thursday- Flying into Cincy to catch a Reds game. (Doing the stadium crawl with my wife this will put me at 13)

Friday drive to Columbus.

Saturday UNLV vs Ohio State game.

Sunday fly into Chicago for Steelers vs Bears game. (Go Steelers)

Monday Catching a White Sox game. To get to 14 of 30 parks in 4 years.

As much as I hate UNLV needing to take the $ games I have gotten to see the Rose Bowl, The Big House and the Horseshoe in a three year span, for a couple of checksmarks on the bucket list.

Anybody else have/had some all sports weekends like that?

What were they?

Don't have anything close to being that awesome. But I once got into a fight with a drunk WSU fan at UW's Husky stadium the same weekend I got into a fight with a Seahawk local and a Saints fan (that started with me trying to break up their fight) when the Seahawk's 12th man fans broke the fan sound record.

For the record, I didn't start the fights.

Last edited:
That's awesome. I've done some things like that, but never during the same trip. The Reds Stadium is great, lots of entertainment around the ballpark. I went to a game a couple of years ago and it rained out. So I got to see an Ohio thunderstorm from a nice seat! The White Sox stadium is.....meh. Just don't wander to far from it.

Reactions: mvvsmith

Saturday UNLV vs Ohio State game....
Be sure to avoid the greek parties and student sections at tOSU. The other alumni & fans will treat you well but they have a number of punk students who are proud of harassing visiting fans, including throwing beers, etc. The general tailgating area will be lots of fun. Very hospitable people who will share some great tailgating food & drink to visitors.

I'll be back later with some recommendations on where to go.

Be sure to avoid the greek parties and student sections at tOSU. The other alumni & fans will treat you well but they have a number of punk students who are proud of harassing visiting fans, including throwing beers, etc. The general tailgating area will be lots of fun. Very hospitable people who will share some great tailgating food & drink to visitors.

I'll be back later with some recommendations on where to go.

Appreciated.

We survived West Virginia so I think we should be able to negotiate this one.

Plus our colors are close they may not even notice.. :sunglasses:

That's awesome. I've done some things like that, but never during the same trip. The Reds Stadium is great, lots of entertainment around the ballpark. I went to a game a couple of years ago and it rained out. So I got to see an Ohio thunderstorm from a nice seat! The White Sox stadium is.....meh. Just don't wander to far from it.

Haven't heard much good about the White Sox stadium. Park or surrounding area. Going with a couple who are from the area so that will help.

Heard Reds' is very nice. Looking forward to that.

In September.

Thursday- Flying into Cincy to catch a Reds game. (Doing the stadium crawl with my wife this will put me at 13)

As much as I hate UNLV needing to take the $ games I have gotten to see the Rose Bowl, The Big House and the Horseshoe in a three year span, for a couple of checksmarks on the bucket list.

What were they?
Sounds like an absolute blast. But I got tired just reading it.

In September.

What were they?
That's a great idea. Before the NFL schedule came out, I was considering going to Pittsburgh after the Ohio State game.

That's a great idea. Before the NFL schedule came out, I was considering going to Pittsburgh after the Ohio State game.

I've done similar things for the baseball stadium crawl. Like hitting A's and Giants & Mets & Yankees. Will probably do Nationals and Orioles next year or Cardinals & Royals. Found you can get some really good prices for flights doing all 1 way tickets.

You have to take some red eye flights but worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RebelinWA
So when going to a tOSU game at "The Shoe", I recommend going to
Dick’s Den before and after for drinks and fun with the alums. Eat at the Blue Danube or Thurman's depending upon your tastes. Here's a clip about the "Thurmanator" burger. I shared one of these with a friend. It was better than it looks in the video but you can also order a much smaller version.
<iframe src="http://widgets.boxxspring.com/MjA1NSwzOTI3Mjg0Ng" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What were they?

March 31-April 3, 2017: Phoenix, Arizona
Friday, 3/31 - Flew into Phoenix and played golf that afternoon
Saturday 4/1 - Saw both National Semifinal games at University of Phoenix Stadium
Sunday 4/2 - Opening Day Giants vs. Diamondbacks followed by a Rockets vs. Suns game that evening
Monday 4/3 - National Championship Game Gonzaga vs. North Carolina
Tuesday 4/4 - Flew home home feeling exhausted, dehydrated and happy

It was an incredible weekend, one that I will never forget. That was my first Final Four, and hopefully we can get back again!

Have fun at the Shoe and enjoy the baseball crawl. I am sitting at 8, but 2 of those parks are now closed (Qualcomm in San Diego and Turner Field in Atlanta).

Well I had a somewhat sh!tty UNLV sports weekend.

I can't remember which year, and too lazy to look it up. But anyway, I drove up to DFW, brought some friends with me to watch us get trounced by TCU in the rain. Afterwards we tried to take solace since the Runnin' Rebels were playing that day, and of course expectations were high. We all went to a Hooters in Dallas to watch the game and get some wings. Well it was only online and it took me forever to get my WiFi going in that joint on my laptop. Well, it ended up being the day we got smashed on the road by Wichita State.

The service was bad, the wings were subpar, and the scenery was less than it has been at that same establishment previously. The only good was that I was the only one that had to suffer since it was on my laptop and no one else was interested. Funny thing there was a guy from the UNLV athletic training department in the same restaurant that I chatted up a little. He was doing the same thing on his computer.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
That would be December 2011

Thanks for that.

I remember we got on the board first with a FG in that football game, just to get trounced.

That was our first loss after beating UNC (for basketball). I flew in the Vegas for Thanksgiving that year I saw that whole tournament at the Orleans that year. Man I was in a bad mood on the way back home!

March 31-April 3, 2017: Phoenix, Arizona
Friday, 3/31 - Flew into Phoenix and played golf that afternoon
Saturday 4/1 - Saw both National Semifinal games at University of Phoenix Stadium
Sunday 4/2 - Opening Day Giants vs. Diamondbacks followed by a Rockets vs. Suns game that evening
Monday 4/3 - National Championship Game Gonzaga vs. North Carolina
Tuesday 4/4 - Flew home home feeling exhausted, dehydrated and happy

It was an incredible weekend, one that I will never forget. That was my first Final Four, and hopefully we can get back again!

Have fun at the Shoe and enjoy the baseball crawl. I am sitting at 8, but 2 of those parks are now closed (Qualcomm in San Diego and Turner Field in Atlanta).

I was there for D-Backs opening day. Went to the Suns game after as well. Small world.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT