ADVERTISEMENT

Grass ain’t always greener!

rebelx

qwerty
May 29, 2001
The deep recesses of my mind
twitter.com
Jerrae Williams…BACKUP safety for Washington State….has zero stats this year, despite a lot snaps in the first two games. AND now out for the season with ANOTHER Injury. SMH

Jayden Maiava…BACKUP at USC, just made news for being the first Polynesian QB to take a snap at USC….however, it was just clean up duty in a 48-0 blowout…and to make matters worse, his teammates cheered him on like he was the Down Syndrome guy that got in the game and made a layup while the defense pretended to guard him.

Gotta think a few guys are realizing they effed by leaving.

Jerrae Williams…BACKUP safety for Washington State….has zero stats this year, despite a lot snaps in the first two games. AND now out for the season with ANOTHER Injury. SMH

Jayden Maiava…BACKUP at USC, just made news for being the first Polynesian QB to take a snap at USC….however, it was just clean up duty in a 48-0 blowout…and to make matters worse, his teammates cheered him on like he was the Down Syndrome guy that got in the game and made a layup while the defense pretended to guard him.

Neither is a pro. If Maiava took 5x what he could get here, can’t blame him. Cash in While you can.

Neither is a pro. If Maiava took 5x what he could get here, can’t blame him. Cash in While you can.
Did he get that though? What about Jerrae?

I mean, I get what you’re saying. Call me too punk rock…I still feel you don’t sellout.

I saw Green Day in an Oakland garage around 1987 or ‘88. The co-owner of Lookout Records (Green Day’s future label at that point ) took us there…a guy that hated sellouts (his partner on the other hand was a weasel)…this guy said these guys were just looking to cash in. He was right, and they did just that…AND look at who Green DAY is now. Rich delusional asshole sellouts.

It’s like being a RAT Joe, and I know you hate a rat….i also know, deep down, you get what I’m saying.

I mean, I get what you’re saying. Call me too punk rock…I still feel you don’t sellout.

I saw Green Day in an Oakland garage around 1987 or ‘88. The co-owner of Lookout Records (Green Day’s future label at that point ) took us there…a guy that hated sellouts (his partner on the other hand was a weasel)…this guy said these guys were just looking to cash in. He was right, and they did just that…AND look at who Green DAY is now. Rich delusional asshole sellouts.

It’s like being a RAT Joe, and I know you hate a rat….i also know, deep down, you get what I’m saying.
I know where you are at with that stuff, I’m the same way. Loyalty is a big deal to me.

It always will be. I’ll always be that way.

But most aren’t. It’s the way of the world, one of many wrong things.

My understanding is - he got at least 6x what he was getting here. At some point, business decisions have to be made. Especially when future money isn’t there.

Greenday is soft as baby sht.

I know where you are at with that stuff, I’m the same way. Loyalty is a big deal to me.

It always will be. I’ll always be that way.

But most aren’t. It’s the way of the world, one of many wrong things.

My understanding is - he got at least 6x what he was getting here. At some point, business decisions have to be made. Especially when future money isn’t there.

Greenday is soft as baby sht.
Maiava's agent's son took the bag of cash at Florida State, too. Don't blame he or the family since, like you said, they aren't going pro in sports.

Maiava also gets to learn QB under a Coach who's had multiple guys drafted in first round and starting in the NFL. He knew he was going to be a backup for at least a year regardless of the 2 schools he was recruited to. If it doesn't pan out at USC, he's still going to be able to transfer to any school he wants

Maiava also gets to learn QB under a Coach who's had multiple guys drafted in first round and starting in the NFL. He knew he was going to be a backup for at least a year regardless of the 2 schools he was recruited to. If it doesn't pan out at USC, he's still going to be able to transfer to any school he wants

Maiava is a sophomore backing up a senior. He is learning from the best QB developer in college football. He is one play away from being "the guy" there. He is also taking a big bag of cash.

Way too soon to say he isn't a pro. There have been back ups under Riley that had 1 or 2 years starting in college that were drafted and now starting in the NFL. Not saying he will get there or that he won't get recruited over, but it seems like a good decision to me.

Also look at what we did after Maiava left. Got 3 guys (Ochoa included) that were the exact opposite of him. Safe to say that Marion just didn't like that skill set as much. I'm not saying that the decision was mutual, and obviously we haven't passed the ball that great this season, but I think Marion is happy changing the offense overall with the new personnel.

As for Jerrae? Yeah, that kinda sucks. He was a bright spot for us when healthy, but he has been injured. We overhauled or defensive backfield and I don't know how much he would start this season if he stayed? Do you think he did a better job that Baldwin is now at that same nickel/LB hybrid position? Eh, I don't know. Baldwin seems a bit beefier and can stop the run better.

Reactions: oneepstein

I know this isn’t really the point of this post, but I’ve almost always been on the opposite end of this. This was my thought process when I was a punker kid in high school. Then I joined a band and realized that it’s not easy and rarely glamorous and you play your music day in and day out. Bands should do whatever they want to do. They have to live with it every day. If they hate their own music because they are selling out, they have the money but not the enjoyment. Or maybe they actually enjoy playing music deemed as “selling out”.

Maiava is a sophomore backing up a senior. He is learning from the best QB developer in college football. He is one play away from being "the guy" there. He is also taking a big bag of cash.

Way too soon to say he isn't a pro. There have been back ups under Riley that had 1 or 2 years starting in college that were drafted and now starting in the NFL. Not saying he will get there or that he won't get recruited over, but it seems like a good decision to me.

Also look at what we did after Maiava left. Got 3 guys (Ochoa included) that were the exact opposite of him. Safe to say that Marion just didn't like that skill set as much. I'm not saying that the decision was mutual, and obviously we haven't passed the ball that great this season, but I think Marion is happy changing the offense overall with the new personnel.

As for Jerrae? Yeah, that kinda sucks. He was a bright spot for us when healthy, but he has been injured. We overhauled or defensive backfield and I don't know how much he would start this season if he stayed? Do you think he did a better job that Baldwin is now at that same nickel/LB hybrid position? Eh, I don't know. Baldwin seems a bit beefier and can stop the run better.
Baldwin moving to nickel and the addition of grimes, catalon, ware, Chavis, etc has been a huge upgrade so far. Love having Baldwin down low playing that nickel spot.

Reactions: dcut03
Kyle Williams had 8 catches for 136 years and a touchdown for Wazzu in their 2ot win last night. It works out for some guys and doesn't for others

USC has 5* QB Julian Lewis who is the #2 rated player in ESPN’s Top 300 coming in next year. I’d say unless he transfers again, Maiava is never going to be the starter at USC and definitely not going pro.

USC has 5* QB Julian Lewis who is the #2 rated player in ESPN’s Top 300 coming in next year. I’d say unless he transfers again, Maiava is never going to be the starter at USC and definitely not going pro.
You could be right.
But Riley's back ups have transferred to top schools and started and then made the the NFL. Moss hasn't started until his senior year minus the bowl game last year.
Bottom line he will likely have a chance at USC or elsewhere to be starting a a power 4 school, likely a good one. Just the fact that Riley wanted him instantly raises his stock.
"Definitely not going pro" Still too early to tell.

You could be right.
But Riley's back ups have transferred to top schools and started and then made the the NFL. Moss hasn't started until his senior year minus the bowl game last year.
Bottom line he will likely have a chance at USC or elsewhere to be starting a a power 4 school, likely a good one. Just the fact that Riley wanted him instantly raises his stock.
"Definitely not going pro" Still too early to tell.
He’s not going to the NFL. I’ll bet you a grand.

He has the same shot at the NFL as Menzies had at success here. It’s simple to see, a no brainer.

If you don’t have the ability, you don’t have the ability.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT