ADVERTISEMENT

Grand scheme

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
the losses don’t matter. By July of 2017, UNLV gave themselves very little wiggle room for a meaningful regular season.

The goal is to hopefully get hot, win three games in March. So I guess the real goal is to finish top 5/6 in conference to avoid a first round game.

But like every other team, we have the same primary goal. Win the MWCT. Anyone can do it. These Rebels can do it.

Have to get out of this funk and extinguish whatever is creating it. Because this stretch of basketball is as stinky as any as I can recall. Get out of it, point the right direction, improve, win some games, get some rest for the starters, get some experience for the bench. Work all this so that you have the best team possible in early March. Then you roll the dice, like 10 other teams.... and hope you get it.

The regular season, now that we’ve surpassed some mythical threshold with losses, is essentially a two month exhibition where you have to win maybe half your games.

Can’t get all that down. We’ve seen it before so it shouldn’t be a surprise. I guess the biggest surprise is a seemingly very likeable team is very lazy and unfocused.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News