ADVERTISEMENT

Four MWC teams in the Bottom 25….

and none of the 4 are UNLV. I’m confused.
Z2lwaHkuZ2lm.gif

Great to see SDSU on the list and surprised not to see UNM.
Absolutely. Especially in this time period where conference shifting and expansion is going on. If we can have both basketball and football be good, while at the same time, SDSU is dropping, that will definitely help our cause. At least through the lens of my scarlet colored glasses.

I feel bad for Danny Gonzales at UNM. I think he coukd become a very good coach. I would have been fine if he had landed the job here.

But UNM might be the most difficult job in the conference. And it's only going to get tougher.
There seem to be sooooo many parallels between UNM and UNLV athletics. More similarities than differences and I don’t think there’s another school more similar to our athletic department - and I’m talking even outside the conference.

There seem to be sooooo many parallels between UNM and UNLV athletics. More similarities than differences and I don’t think there’s another school more similar to our athletic department - and I’m talking even outside the conference.

Internally yeah.

Externally UNLV has a ton advantages.

Local population size plus proximity to So-Cal for recruiting.

NIL potential.

Biggest one, not Albuquerque..

Internally yeah.

Externally UNLV has a ton advantages.

Local population size plus proximity to So-Cal for recruiting.

NIL potential.

Biggest one, not Albuquerque..
The advantages aren’t remotely close. UNLV in a landslide.

Which makes it sad that they’ve more success in football and basketball the last dozen or so years. Granted, they aren’t lighting the world on fire and they’ve sucked, they haven’t sucked as much as us.

Basketball fanbases are similar (apathy has depleted once proud fanbases). Football too (small attendance).

The advantages aren’t remotely close. UNLV in a landslide.

Which makes it sad that they’ve more success in football and basketball the last dozen or so years. Granted, they aren’t lighting the world on fire and they’ve sucked, they haven’t sucked as much as us.

Basketball fanbases are similar (apathy has depleted once proud fanbases). Football too (small attendance).
Their president and AD’s haven’t sucked as much as ours have. UNLV takes the cake amongst the entire country when it comes to institutional futility. Ridiculous decision making across the board from hiring, contracts, to mascot/logo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT