ADVERTISEMENT

Football facility not announced but mentioned to recruits

I caught that too. If true, fantastic and it can only help moving forward with local and outside perception of the program. The effort is being put in by this staff and admin (i know they have had week ). We the fans need to show we are behind this thing moving in the right direction as well and fill up Sam Boyd come fall.

Maybe Ray let the cat out of the bag a little early. Either way we are talking about football in March.

It was mentioned a while back about them having so many days to get the plans done. they just wont come out with big announcements at each step

Whats crazy is not only are we talking football in march but there is more football talk and posts than Basketball

I posted this in another thread but will say it again.

It is refreshing to be discussing football at this time of the year without the word HE, SHOULD and FIRED being involved.

The football complex is a big step in the right direction. A brand new complex will go a long way in the recruiting process. Kids love shiny new things. Also further proof that there is some serious money being thrown at the program.

I think everything you are seeing is maneuverings toward an invitation to the Pac-12 or Big-12.

Tony Sanchez is a beast. Las Vegas is starving for big time college D1 football and I really think he's a guy capable of building it.

Las Vegas is the biggest metropolitan area in the nation without any professional team. So UNLV Football could become huge if these local blue chippers stay home and turn this into a powerhouse.

How crazy is that, that not only in basketball but now in football we have to sets of brothers at the local University and one of the top if not the top high school in the city as Head Coaches. Let's just hope Sanchez has better success than has Rice to this point as a Rebel Coach.

It was mentioned here a while back about a football facility. This is not to be confused with a stadium. They're talking about a place like the Mendenhall center, as far as I'm aware. It will have new weightroom, training areas, lockers, film room, coaches offices, etc.

From what I understand it hasn't been decided whether or not it will have a full indoor field. The weather here is so doesn't seem like they would need an indoor field. Plus we play very few if any indoor/dome games anyway. Like you said it will be similar to the Mendenhall Center.

A new facility like that could make a difference in grabbing those recruits that are borderline. Add in the talk of a new on campus facility and I think Tony's job will get that much easier when it comes to recruiting. The hope now is that the stadium can be signed off quickly and work can begin.

I really think all of this new attention to football, plus the medical school is a push to get into the Pac-12.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT