ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN ARTICLE DETAILING WHAT WENT DOWN

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
This pretty much explains how we got here.

And now it is Barry Odom's sworn duty to kick the @#$% $%@#$ @#$%& out of SDSU this year.

You'll understand when you read the quote.

UNLV was NEVER in the initial talks.

ALSO every school left should be able to dissolve based on lack of faith and ineptitude of commisioner.

You'll understand when you read this.

Threatcaster..

Remember that word..

Your head will spin.

Last edited:
This is wild.. There is no way they are going to be able to negotiate out of their exit fees and penalties and they dont have any idea of the media rights deal that may happen at this point other than it only makes sense if its more than 7 for the AAC schools... Also these 4 schools colluded plain and simple to leave and were negotiating to the detriment of the conference behind its back, which the conference should reject any remaining payouts for them...
and Im sorry but the "investment" part of the conversation is BS outside SDSU and Boise...

UNLV should talk every member in the MWC to going to other conferences then collect all $110M from the Pac-6 for itself. Put it all on black. This is a fool proof plan.

UNLV should talk every member in the MWC to going to other conferences then collect all $110M from the Pac-6 for itself. Put it all on black. This is a fool proof plan.
Wait you forgot the exit fees. Another $17M per school. What's 7x17? Another $119M?

Interesting that they may entertain the thought of eventually taking us in the PAC 12 but at a reduced payout rate.
A lot will depend on a few things. Will others break rank to join the new PAC? Will they be able to get a commitment from Memphis / Tulane? The new PAC has to have a minimum of 8 members, so are they willing to bring in a crappy school or two, just to get up to that number in the event that other schools play hardball with them?

Somewhat of a high stakes poker game. If no other teams were to join the PAC, those 6 would be royally screwed, so although the PAC does have leverage, they could get screwed over in a major way if the other schools decided to stay put.

IMO, once the PAC has 8 schools, they'll have more leverage. At 6, they're still vulnerable. Also, I'm wondering what the structure is for the new PAC including buyouts if/when schools want to leave in the future.

I know we were hoping that we were the ones that said no, but I never thought that was the case. And outside of this board, I haven’t seen anywhere that the AAC is talking about us, much less the Big 12. Hope I am wrong and we can land on our feet somewhere, but it is a little concerning that we weren’t talked about much and are considered as no more than a plan B option. Of course decades of ineptitude does tend to do that.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I know we were hoping that we were the ones that said no, but I never thought that was the case. And outside of this board, I haven’t seen anywhere that the AAC is talking about us, much less the Big 12. Hope I am wrong and we can land on our feet somewhere, but it is a little concerning that we weren’t talked about much and are considered as no more than a plan B option. Of course decades of ineptitude does tend to do that.
Do you really believe that any of the conferences would come onto social media to let everyone know what is going on?

Do you really believe that any of the conferences would come onto social media to let everyone know what is going on?
I think we should be starting all sorts of rumors and then letting the smoke fuel the rumor of a fire... Let just throw out baseless rumors about UNLV to the Big 12.... Reddit, X, flood the Big 12 discord.... "did you hear the rumor that UNLV was going to the Big 12.. terms are still being discussed but they're taking a 2/3rds payout for 5 years and then full payout moving forward.. Cant wait for Vegas trips--sign each one with a random account name like #1 Baylor fan..."

No. Wouldn’t think so. But AFA certainly leaked, and with the quotes about how the PAC went down, I just don’t think we’re as desirable as we had hoped. Plus if Memphis and Tulane were a part of the PAC expansion plans, the AAC isn’t any better than the left over MWC schools really.

No. Wouldn’t think so. But AFA certainly leaked, and with the quotes about how the PAC went down, I just don’t think we’re as desirable as we had hoped. Plus if Memphis and Tulane were a part of the PAC expansion plans, the AAC isn’t any better than the left over MWC schools really.

Nope it's not.

As is yes. Without Memphis and Tulane it's not really any better.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
This pretty much explains how we got here.

And now it is Barry Odom's sworn duty to kick the @#$% $%@#$ @#$%& out of SDSU this year.

You'll understand when you read the quote.

UNLV was NEVER in the initial talks.

ALSO every school left should be able to dissolve based on lack of faith and ineptitude of commisioner.

You'll understand when you read this.

Threatcaster..

Remember that word..

Your head will spin.

After reading this article I hope the top 3 schools left in mwc go to the aac and it keeps all the aac teams from going to the pac12 and the pac12 blows up

After reading this article I hope the top 3 schools left in mwc go to the aac and it keeps all the aac teams from going to the pac12 and the pac12 blows up

Based on a number of media reports...

AFA is in serious talks with AAC.

AAC currently sits at 14 teams.

Other media reports are saying Memphis is near a deal with PAC12 and Tulane probably not far behind.

If that plays out AAC would be sitting at 13 teams.

That potentially leaves three open spots in the AAC to get to 16 (if they want to get to 16) Can't see them sitting at 13. So just 14 is also a possibility.

Purely a guess but I would imagine (hope) UNLV is at least in talks with AAC and I wouldn't be surprised if 2 others (UNM & USU?) Are also talking to AAC.

I'm not suggesting this is where UNLV is leaning towards going or even wants to go, but they would be right to at least be in talks with AAC as a potential landing spot if PAC talks fizzle.

Just my opinion/guess here.

MWC remaining schools could stand firm and MWC could use exit fee money to attempt to poach some schools from AAC or CUSA.

That said if both AFA and UNLV leave MWC is in serious jeopardy.

I put part of this blame on Unlv president. I can't see Unlv not being part of the first 4 if they was in full talks with the pac 2. The situation looks bad for Unlv as it sits now I have zero belief big12 would even sniff Unlv.

We have two scalps with Houston and Kansas.

Next up Big East Football Syracuse!! With Jim Brown’s alunnus.

And a guy named Benny Madrones who had a hit song.

Reactions: RebelinWA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT