ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Reb! Early morning Hey Reb, Jaelon Darden

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sorry For The Wait <a href="https://t.co/6Ao2rXYKgI">pic.twitter.com/6Ao2rXYKgI</a></p>&mdash; #JD (@_12_era) <a href="">August 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reactions: dcut03
Jaelon Darden tore it up yesterday, rushing for 252 yards and a TD on 25 carries. He was 4-9 passing and threw for one TD in a 29-6 win.

He plays multiple positions, but is expected to play WR for the Rebels. It sounded like he mostly played QB yesterday.

Yesterday was the first game he was eligible after (... apparently almost transferring from Eisenhower HS to Heights HS for his senior season, but returning to Eisenhower to be eligible?). Eisenhower was 0-6 before Darden's return, and had only put up only 28 points total in the previous four games.

Last edited:
Nice to have a receiver that can pull off the receiver to receiver plays.

Nice to have a receiver that can pull off the receiver to receiver plays.

What's noteworthy is that in the HUDL video that @1Tripoda linked you rarely see him playing receiver.

It must be because of his size that he is expected to play WR at the next level. I was reading about him this morning and saw that he had originally committed to McNeese St. I'm not sure what position they wanted him to play, but when he decommitted early this summer there was interest from Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Memphis, etc.

Lexington Thomas just retweeted this link. He is also from Aldine, TX, and was also under the radar because he too was 5'9".

This was from last night - Darden leading a previously 0-6 team to a 29-6 victory.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Darden is just an electric athlete. Might line up in the slot or backfield, just need to let him get the ball and go. I believe this was his first game back after coming of an injury.

I totally see the Pumphrey comparisons. Not saying that he'll get the same results, but both have a similar ability to cut and shift seemingly without losing any speed.

Maybe he develops into what we all thought Marcus Sullivan would.

A player with his ability you just find ways to get him the ball.

Jet sweeps, bubble screens, slip screens draws, reverses whatever. Try to get the ball in his hands 5-7 times a game. (If not more).

In his second game eligible this year Jaelon Darden rushed 27 times for 161 yards and was 7-16 passing for 91 yards and a TD.

The Saturday game was a defensive battle that Eisenhower lost 6-7 to Houston Nimitz because they missed the kick after that one TD.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT