ADVERTISEMENT

Did any of you did this?

Sound like they investigating UNM instead of UNLV. They fire their STC right after the game, too. Weird. Their Coach lost his job and somehow they end up with Bronco Mendenhall? How the F did that happens? LOL Good hire New Mexico.

New Mexico now have two really good coaches in Ritchie Pitino and Bronco M. If we not careful they can surpassed us in both sports.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Sound like they investigating UNM instead of UNLV. They fire their STC right after the game, too. Weird. Their Coach lost his job and somehow they end up with Bronco Mendenhall? How the F did that happens? LOL Good hire New Mexico.

New Mexico now have two really good coaches in Ritchie Pitino and Bronco M. If we not careful they can surpassed us in both sports.
He kind of burned out but he’s a good coach. I think it was well worth the risk for UNM.

Yes heavy money came in against UNM.

Concern would be UNM players 'tanked'.

I don't know.

Why completely tank vs UNLV then turn around and play your ass off and beat Fresno and almost beat USU back to back weeks when you had nothing to play for.

He kind of burned out but he’s a good coach. I think it was well worth the risk for UNM.

As good a hire as G5 schools can hope honestly. Similiar to Odom.

I was hoping after Arroyo was fired UNLV might give him a call.

Turned out ok in the end, but Bronco would have been a good hire.

SDSU and UNM both hires what it seems to be a great hire for their budget. UNM managed to scraped $1.5 Mill/year for Bronco and SDSU seems to ok with the Colorado former OC. Reno is another story. Everyone seems to actively recruiting players except for New Mexico team. SDSU is the most active follow by Boise's coach. UNLV is still #1 ranked in the conference, though for now.

Laster seems to be leaving to West Virginia along with the coach from Kentucky. He seems to love Michael Schererer since he was a freshman. Who knows what is happening. WVU is in the Big 12 and UNLV is not. Maybe he wants more P4 experiences. But If UNLV beat KU in the bowl game and beat them at their home it may change a few perspectives. Who's know

Last edited:
SDSU and UNM both hires what it seems to be a great hire for their budget. UNM managed to scraped $1.5 Mill/year for Bronco and SDSU seems to ok with the Colorado former OC. Reno is another story. Everyone seems to actively recruiting players except for New Mexico team. SDSU is the most active follow by Boise's coach. UNLV is still #1 ranked in the conference, though for now.

I'll be honest, I think all three were solid hires.

I am however disappointed in all of you that we aren't making fun of Reno for hiring a guy named Chode.

Their new fight song, Chode to Joy.

Chode's teams are known for coming from behind, but do not like going deep.
Actually, on second thought, they would love to go deep but just can't quite ever make it work.

I've heard Coach Chode is often pissed, and his teams do not see much growth over time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT