ADVERTISEMENT

DFR You Need Fans

SDbaby7&

NBA Draft Pick
Gold Member
Mar 15, 2005
more than you need those 3 or 4 boosters. The boosters need to understand that too!
Tell them either support UNLV because you want them to succeed no matter who the coaches is or stay out of the way because they are a part of the reason why we aren't where we should be by now!

This coaching thing Is really easy though once you Understand VEGAS!

Vegas is different and has a different dynamic than any other place in the world.
Gambling Entertainment and a city that operates around the clock! some places may have these dynamic but not all 3.......these dynamic doesn't only effect your fan base but it effects the players too!
so you need someone to be able to attract both (fans and players) and who can keep the player in check as they have to deal with these distractions!
thats why I was in love with Pitino

So we only accept a few things as a fan base being spoiled in the city we live in!
That is WINNING, or BUZZ !
Vegas is all about gambling! Which now you are in a situation where you are part of the game!
stop comparing us to other universities and cities because its only one like ours, not even that city up north is likes ours! not saying you don't know this already but just in case, UNDERSTAND IT AND ACCEPT IT. Then move forward.

If you go Unproven he better have Buzz! I.E. (Miller)
If you go Unproven and no buzz, you don't have time for him to rebuild so he has to win at high clip immediately! Thats why Menzies didn't pan out!
any winner in a small ass conference is not proven by the way! not for this situation at least........
Matta Pitino has done it in the best conferences and bigger conferences than the MWC so thats a proven winner. South dakota and New Mexico State are in small conferences, doesnt mean coaches won't be successful but thats just not to be used as a proven winner, otherwise I win games at 84% clip in intramural basketball in the city and won 13 championships so im more proven than most candidates and would like to through my name in the mix! of course if the level this is done at doesn't matter?

NO Proven Winner go with the Buzz. Memphis did it with Penny and he had no college coaching experience! still to be determine but so far so good.
Be Early to the party because you cant afford to be late....... if you late the party it may be over, at least if you early all it can be is sucky party, then you still fired but hey at least you took a chance! LOL...........oh yeah and it gives you time! i think everyone on this board will give Miller a pass the first year knowing that he will be getting some good recruits the following year! but if you get any of these unproven coaches your on the clock immediately!

I will support the program on a more frequent bases because you have created buzz, and i want to be part of the show, and as long as he has some buzz im there! hopefully the winning comes also and you have hit the jackpot. By the way Miller has a personality that draws today's youth to him and thats way important. Tark had a personality that made Rebels draw to him. Rice not so much, good recruiter but personality was not good for keeping them in check. Think about it, who the hell was Rice going to flex on, smh thats why Bryce cussed his ass out and told him this aint BYU bitch. Mike Miller has got the right mix personality in my book and yes I have met him.

DFR if you can't get Pitino or Matta which i dont know how you messed that up go ahead and roll the dice with the Millers! we understand you might have messed up but this vegas baby you either bounce back or stay down and get thrown out with the rest of the trash!

Last edited:
Reactions: Oscar_m89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News