ADVERTISEMENT

Current Roster

Rebel Chi-girl

Lottery Pick
Aug 29, 2003
Henderson, NV
Current Runnin' Rebel roster is - Amauri Hardy, Bryce Hamilton, Cheickna Dembele, Nick Blair, Marvin Coleman, Cheikhmbacke Diong & new recruits Vitaliy Shibel, Elijah Mitrou-Long, Moses Wood, Jonah Anotnio, & David Jenkins -

Jay Green & Djorji Djijesljivancanin not in the portal,
Tervell Beck, Trey Woodbury, Ben Coupet, Shakur Juiston, & Joel Ntambwe are currently in the portal,
What about Louis Bangal, Am I missing anyone?

I figure we have 2 open scholarships

Last edited:
Reactions: khokhol8
Back to the portal rules, once you enter the portal do you forfeit your scholarship? Also, if you enter draft with agent, you are done, right? Without an agent, you can come back and school has to keep open your scholarship? Just want to get it straight because a lot of big men could be waiting for Ntambwe to make a decision.

I believe you're correct on all accounts. We need a 3* or 4* big man to round this team out. Ntambwe would be a perfect fit.

Back to the portal rules, once you enter the portal do you forfeit your scholarship? Also, if you enter draft with agent, you are done, right? Without an agent, you can come back and school has to keep open your scholarship? Just want to get it straight because a lot of big men could be waiting for Ntambwe to make a decision.
Once an athlete enters the portal, the university is no longer obligated to honor the scholarship. They can however honor it if they chose to bring the player back. My understanding is a player can hire an agent to help them negotiate the NBA draft process Under new rules, they can still return to school. I have heard Ntambwe is considering returning to the Rebels but that is just speculation at this point. I'm sure Otz is open to his return. I have also heard Coach Otz has 3 other players in the portal that he is interested in as well.

Scholarships are renewed annually. UNLV can renew a scholly for a player who chooses to return rather than transfer. Or not. Risk is for players and school..
Although the NCAA is considering a rules change, I believe that, at this point, any player who hires an agent is done as a collegian.

Scholarships are renewed annually. UNLV can renew a scholly for a player who chooses to return rather than transfer. Or not. Risk is for players and school..
Although the NCAA is considering a rules change, I believe that, at this point, any player who hires an agent is done as a collegian.
I asked Mark Anderson of the Rj about the scholarships & he says they are usually 4 years to freshman out of high school but, the length can be set according to the HC. Also the new rule is that players considering the draft can be represented by agents that the NCAA deems legitimate, permitting athletes to remain eligible for college play if they enter the professional draft but decide to return to college.

Last edited:
3 other players in the portal. Do you mean UNLV players or players from other schools?

I saw 3 players in the portal who have offers from UNLV. Maurice Calloo 6'9 Fr. small Forward from Cleveland State, Teyvion Kirk 6'4 So. Guard from Ohio, & Makai Ashton-Langford 6'3 So. Guard from Providence I believe all 3 will have to sit out. & maybe the 4th if Joel leaves the portal?

Last edited:
Calloo is interesting because he was dismissed from OSU and then went to Cleveland State. Local reports say he may go back to OSU or Nebraska. He could be a really good player.

Per Grimala tweet, Coleman on scholarship so we are done? Cannot believe we did not get one more big guy

UNLV has zero scholarships left after Coleman was put on scholarship today. Unless Green or Georgie leave the roster is set. Don’t see them leaving because no school would want them.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
UNLV has zero scholarships left after Coleman was put on scholarship today. Unless Green or Georgie leave the roster is set. Don’t see them leaving because no school would want them.
I am confused because every interview Coach Otz has given lately, he has said he has 7 returning players & 1 scholarship left so he must already know that either Djordije or Jay is leaving. My guess would be Djordje since he is always injured & I haven't heard of him applying for a medical redshirt. Besides Jay is better for the APR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT