ADVERTISEMENT

Cornish committs to Tulane

Rebel Chi-girl

Lottery Pick
Aug 29, 2003
Henderson, NV
After de-committing from Cal. Jordan just announced he is staying in his home town and committing to Tulane. This is a good get for Coach Dunleavy. I am glad Jordan is staying in college and I hope he finds peace at Tulane.

After de-committing from Cal. Jordan just announced he is staying in his home town and committing to Tulane. This is a good get for Coach Dunleavy. I am glad Jordan is staying in college and I hope he finds peace at Tulane.

Perhaps a move to his roots will prove to be a positive encouragement for Cornish. Whether it's a "good get" for Dunleavy remains to be seen.

Frankly, although I certainly wish Jordan all the best, I can't honestly say I'm disappointed that he chose to move on. It became apparent, in my opinion, that rather than his sophomore season being an anomaly compared to his freshman year, it was the other way around.

I don't think he's likely to show that level of shooting accuracy again. But as I said, I'm rooting for him. He is a hard worker and a good teammate , so in that sense, Tulane may be very happy with him.

I cringed every time he shot a 3. Honestly, I don't know how he kept getting a green light. Did he make them in practice? He would have been great to keep on the team and I would guess that he is a better player than some of the other new recruits. I wish we had him. But I really wish we had DJ, Zimm and Pat and Carter back. That would have been awesome. But we can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

I cringed every time he shot a 3. Honestly, I don't know how he kept getting a green light. Did he make them in practice? He would have been great to keep on the team and I would guess that he is a better player than some of the other new recruits. I wish we had him. But I really wish we had DJ, Zimm and Pat and Carter back. That would have been awesome. But we can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.
I never was crazy about his form or just the look of his shot. But he hit a high percentage of many as a freshman, that earns something.

Of course, as a sophomore, he went through a terrible, terrible streak where he missed 25 to 30 straight near the beginning of the season (I believe, I'd have to look). You can't just toss out that streak, of course, but he actually had some smaller stretches where he shot it well from deep last year.

So I guess that's it. A classic streaky shooter. Can't call a sneaky shooter a good shooter or a bad shooter, but streaky does have the negative connotation of inconsistent.

I never was crazy about his form or just the look of his shot. But he hit a high percentage of many as a freshman, that earns something.

Of course, as a sophomore, he went through a terrible, terrible streak where he missed 25 to 30 straight near the beginning of the season (I believe, I'd have to look). You can't just toss out that streak, of course, but he actually had some smaller stretches where he shot it well from deep last year.

So I guess that's it. A classic streaky shooter. Can't call a sneaky shooter a good shooter or a bad shooter, but streaky does have the negative connotation of inconsistent.
Whatever criticisms I may have, or had, I still think that we would all love to see him suiting up in Scarlet and Grey next year. But, I do not hold it against him. They (all of them) were put in a very tough situation that not many college kids see and have to endure.

Whatever criticisms I may have, or had, I still think that we would all love to see him suiting up in Scarlet and Grey next year. But, I do not hold it against him. They (all of them) were put in a very tough situation that not many college kids see and have to endure.
Ah, it was a messy situation - it couldn't have been all that much messier. I don't hold grudges against them. We can think we know what's right for them, but they're making decision based on the info at hand at that time. It sucks for us as fans.

I'd have loved to see Carter and Cornish back, Obepka hang around, Derrick Jones fight his way back, Pat to give it another year... We knew Zimm was one and done..... And, of course, the recruits to stick it out. If 50% of the aforementioned happens, the Rebels have a very good squad, one that competes heavily.

Can't cry about it, what's done is done. It's sad the fans are the ones holding the bag for a couple years with this one.

Can't cry about it, what's done is done.

Exactly...The next few seasons will probably be painful, but I'm personally excited to see what Coach Menzies can accomplish with the hand he's been dealt.Despite all of the negativity surrounding his ultimate selection as Rebels head man, I've got a good feeling about him.

I realize I felt the same way about that P-O-S Beard, so maybe my optimism is a combination of wishful thinking and naivete, but I'm sticking to my guns.I think that's the definition of being a loyal fan.

Our new coach knows how to win. That's a good start. Whether he'll have the necessary pieces, remains to be seen. But just as they have for the past 40 years, the team will have my unconditional support.

Go Rebels!

VJnfcSiVGBmBEF_rBkCMLyPlC1rALW_XoOjTy4ysFh11VfDSO8IFX2Faj3IhrgNAiTjIP58Lbidx_0HOlA98aKSQzty__-4X2JPmaU-K_hB0hUMmGEEeC2B6oBga1BjxDb0eWAhw

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
Our new coach knows how to win. That's a good start. Whether he'll have the necessary pieces, remains to be seen. But just as they have for the past 40 years, the team will have my unconditional support.
I'm not trying to stir the pot, but knows how to win what, exactly? A crappy wac conference? Outside of that, he didn't do much...

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but knows how to win what, exactly? A crappy wac conference? Outside of that, he didn't do much...

In my opinion, winning what's put in front of you is "knowing how to win". Will he beat Duke? Absolutely not, but like I said, give him the right pieces and there may be a different outcome.

You can belittle his accomplishments if you choose to do so, but I'd rather applaud them. Winning is winning...Tony Sanchez appears to be bolstering my theory...Go Rebels!

E7VqIuQezOEnkhHh_H973Okfdlg1w7rIp9HaeIVDeWFkPA2_f6io1NSwGCiwqasVgJ-FqKe9YMBHRsAgFjDn1BNIS_nMkH7nJ3PzOh0Yu4HycItMY612my-CNXuI0WKOk5TMPBmh

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
A lot of people used to say that about UNLV and the PCAA. Let's see where we are in 5 years then we can make appropriate comments about his coaching ability.

One thing I do like already is he is putting together a balanced roster with 4 year players while also going after 5 star players as well. That's something he couldn't do at NMST. Although didn't he have a kid go to the NBA this year in the first round?

I have warmed to him since the debacle took place. Almost like Kruger stepping in to right the ship I think that Menzies will field a competitive team and will have them competing for a conference title in 3 years.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
And I look forward to reading about the team again. Hopefully there will be some reports coming out of the Bahamas next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT