ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson will start the "Process" to leave the ACC in October

This story was written 3 day ago and the university has not denied it.

If you take a snapshot of college athletics 1995 and a snapshot of college athletics 2030 … it’ll make me puke. Slow change I guess is a little more palatable. But it still sucks.
Joe if this thing gets rolling and they add 8 schools they could vote to dissolve. We already know about FSU and now Clemson, do not be surprised if UNC and Miami follow the same path. The only schools that are stuck with nowhere to go would be BC, Syracuse, Duke and Louisville. I believe NC State and Virginia will have place to land.

Reactions: j. spilotro
For what it is worth...

Apparently several schools in the SEC have a pact where they will deny any entry to the SEC for their rival schools. South Carolina with Clemson, Georgia with Georgia Tech, Florida with Florida State, etc. Apparently they need a near unanimous agreement to add schools, so this could keep these schools out of the SEC?

Now if the BIg 10 swallows them up, they may want to counter that to keep the power balance. Things have certainly changed since this alliance has been formed. Their views on expansion may have changed as well. .

Reactions: LVRebel2000
For what it is worth...

Apparently several schools in the SEC have a pact where they will deny any entry to the SEC for their rival schools. South Carolina with Clemson, Georgia with Georgia Tech, Florida with Florida State, etc. Apparently they need a near unanimous agreement to add schools, so this could keep these schools out of the SEC?

Now if the BIg 10 swallows them up, they may want to counter that to keep the power balance. Things have certainly changed since this alliance has been formed. Their views on expansion
I am interested to see what happens. Something tells me that the ESPN will be heavily involved.

For what it is worth...

Now if the BIg 10 swallows them up, they may want to counter that to keep the power balance. Things have certainly changed since this alliance has been formed. Their views on expansion may have changed as well. .
A&M thought they had that too, but UT is joining next year. We are well beyond the pettiness of not wanting your rival to jin your league, To your point if Clemson and FSU are banned from the SEC they will be in the BIG the next day.

Clemson and FSU will be the first to go and end up in the SEC. Notre Dame, UNC (and I assume Duke) will go to the BIG, probably UVA as well. It wont happen all at once but it will be NFC/AFC with divisions so that will help the travel craziness. There will be more schools left behind but I cant see a school like BC being left out. Great academics, an anchor in the Northeast where there arent many D1 football programs (BC, UConn and UMass). I think they will be BIG early on in the next movement as well.

Last edited:
A&M thought they had that too, but UT is joining next year. We are well beyond the pettiness of not wanting your rival to jin your league, To your point if Clemson and FSU are banned from the SEC they will be in the BIG the next day.

Clemson and FSU will be the first to go and end up in the SEC. Notre Dame, UNC (and I assume Duke) will go to the BIG, probably UVA as well. It wont happen all at once but it will be NFC/AFC with divisions so that will help the travel craziness. There will be more schools left behind but I cant see a school like BC being left out. Great academics, an anchor in the Northeast where there arent many D1 football programs (BC, UConn and UMass). I think they will be BIG early on in the next movement as well.
I think the alliance happened because it happened to a&m. But I could be wrong.
Also Texas brings too much to the table. I'm not sure if they still get longhorn network money, they have had the biggest media payout over the past several years

Interesting considering the recent additions of Cal, Stanford and SMU. Wonder if this is similar play to the Mountain West/WAC when the MWC formed. If done right, it could be a possibility if the B1G and SEC aren’t interested in adding that many more teams

If the ACC loses their flagship schools, what does that do to Stanford, California and SMU? The Pac12 may still have some life left in it? What will happen to the two super conferences when they end up with the lower half of their conference being lucky to even have a winning season?

It’s getting interesting for sure. I’m just eternally pessimistic regarding our loving school

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT