ADVERTISEMENT

Bryant Predictions

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
How are we feeling about how well Doug will perform? How about the loaded RB room or the defense? Bryant's quarterback has thrown for Bryant 5620 yards & 47 touchdowns the past two seasons and was second team All-Big South.

I'm predicting a 45-13 victory with Doug throwing for 315 and the backs gaining around 150 total.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
If we have the ball hawks on defense hopefully we can contain their QB. I'm looking forward to seeing how the overall defense performs. I want to see more pass rushing.

Bryant is a middle of the pack in their conference so I would expect us to win by 21 points.

Really excited to see the GoGo Offense and how we look running it.

Remember Howard. Let's not get too cocky.

This is an interesting place to be. Under a year 2 or 3 OC, I'd be thinking about multiple QBs seeing the field. But since it's Marion's first year and the system is expected to be atypical, even if it's a 21+ pt game late, you might keep Doug in foe the repetitions.

I dont know what I expect as a result. I expect them to look sound. Not do anything crazy on offense (it will look different, but not like every play will be a wr end around that turns into a pass or something). I would hope the defense does a really good job shutting down Bryant. Personnel wise, that should be the goal.

Maybe a 24 pt win range? Something like 38-13?

I’m going with Bryant in the upset..

24, rebels 21.

This is a big game for them. They don't normally travel this far or play in anywhere near the Venue as Allegiant. They are picked 4th in their league. They bring back 11 of their starting offense but should be challenged on the defense. I think we'll see a high scoring game with the Rebs on top by 10.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
How are we feeling about how well Doug will perform? How about the loaded RB room or the defense? Bryant's quarterback has thrown for Bryant 5620 yards & 47 touchdowns the past two seasons and was second team All-Big South.

I'm predicting a 45-13 victory with Doug throwing for 315 and the backs gaining around 150 total.
If we cant stop their QB, we're going to struggle against teams in this conference. Theres a lot of gunslingers.

Quite possible some of these guys are banged up and this might look like a good opportunity to hold them out and get them ready to go in a week or 2.

Last year they played Florida International on the road and took them to overtime and lost 38-37.

I think the Rebels win by 3 TDs or more.
I think they try to keep things relatively Vanilla in terms of their odd fronts. I think they throw some weird stuff at them, but mostly try to beat them with tempo to keep them on their heels, using our size advantage up front to wear them down.
I can see them pull Brum with a big lead. New offense, sure, but apparently Brum has worked out the kinks and looks good in the system finally.
I don't think they want to put too much of the crazy stuff on tape for future, opponents, especially Michigan week 2.
We aren't goin to win that game, but I do think they are going to still try everything they can to shock Michigan. Remember it was an early season win at Michigan that set Utah on their path to where they are now. Sure this is supposed to be Michigan's best team yet in years. But this is preseason. Last year at this time Texas A&M was ranked in the top 5, then Jimbo was on the hot seat just a few weeks later.
Harbaugh will be out in this game, they are going to legit try to win that game.
Reality, I don't think they win, I don't think it will be close, but I think they treat it like Boise State in a major bowl and try everything that they have to win that game. So no, I think Bryant game will be a very simplified version of the offense.

35-24

I think UNLV comes out on top, but has a few mental errors as they try and get everybody on the same page in their first game with basically everything brand new.

Bare Bryant - 17
UNLV - 48

Brum will only have 15 att for 240 yards. RB's will gash them for 240+ I see this as a vanilla game play calling wise.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Bare Bryant - 17
UNLV - 48

Brum will only have 15 att for 240 yards. RB's will gash them for 240+ I see this as a vanilla game play calling wise.
I hope so. Honestly, with the new staff, offensive & defensive schemes, I have no idea what to expect. Mostly, I just care about getting a win and getting the guys some experience in the new systems. Obviously I'd prefer a blowout like you're calling for, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I'll go with
UNLV 30
Bryant 20

Would you take the loss against Bryant if it meant you won at Michigan?

**No. I don’t think we’re beating Michigan**

I’m just saying if a genie popped up and made you a deal where you trade a bad loss for a great win would you take it?

I’m just saying if a genie popped up and made you a deal where you trade a bad loss for a great win would you take it?
I would

In a world where we expect unlv to get crushed by Michigan, seeing the upside of a team capable of that would be a real bright spot.

After the Howard game a few years ago, losing to Bryant wouldn't seem to be out of the realm of possibility for UNLV to the average college football fan. Beating Michigan would be a greater upset than when App St. beat them and would be remembered long after the Bryant loss was forgotten. So, yeah, bring on the genie!

My brother in law played football at Bryant and my sister in law (wife’s sister) is also an alum. UNLV can’t lose this game to their school with an enrollment of 3,000 in the middle of nowhere Rhode Island can they?
It would be a disaster if so. They are barely D1 as far as football goes. They play in a stadium that is dwarfed by Gorman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT