ADVERTISEMENT

Brutal take on ESPN but you love to see it 😂

unlvrunninrebels

National Player of the Year
Jul 19, 2012
Trending up: Underpaying your QBs

Just days after UNLV starting QB Matthew Sluka left the team amid an NIL dispute, suggesting he had been promised $100,000 but paid just $3,000, the Rebels took the field and looked like they might have overpaid Sluka by $3,000.

Hajj-Malik Williams stepped in to start and tossed three touchdown passes and ran for another while accounting for 301 total yards of offense in a 59-14 win over Fresno State.

It's an important lesson for everyone to know their worth. If you've ever called out of work because there was still beer left in a keg and it was getting warm, you're probably replaceable. If you've ever taken a Zoom from the bathroom, you're almost certainly replaceable. If you've ever completed just 43% of your throws through three games, you're without a doubt replaceable. And if someone promised you six figures and you didn't get it in writing, honestly, you're probably replaceable.

Trending up: Underpaying your QBs

Just days after UNLV starting QB Matthew Sluka left the team amid an NIL dispute, suggesting he had been promised $100,000 but paid just $3,000, the Rebels took the field and looked like they might have overpaid Sluka by $3,000.

Hajj-Malik Williams stepped in to start and tossed three touchdown passes and ran for another while accounting for 301 total yards of offense in a 59-14 win over Fresno State.

It's an important lesson for everyone to know their worth. If you've ever called out of work because there was still beer left in a keg and it was getting warm, you're probably replaceable. If you've ever taken a Zoom from the bathroom, you're almost certainly replaceable. If you've ever completed just 43% of your throws through three games, you're without a doubt replaceable. And if someone promised you six figures and you didn't get it in writing, honestly, you're probably replaceable.
I loved this story. I think this is the beginning of the 15 minutes of fame for Sluka. I think he will be lucky if he gets a used pickup truck and gas money at his next school! 😁

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT