ADVERTISEMENT

Been out of town for about a week …

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
Remote in terms of tech. It’s awesome to not have to charge your phone for 6 days. Even better to not have to look at anything social. But then you get non stop peppered by notifications once you get in range.

We did this a couple of years ago, childhood friends that were made from grade 2 or 3 through 9th grade and forged that special bond of brotherhood that has lasted 50 years later. Thankfully, we didn’t lose one over the past couple of years but to a man (8 of us this time, 3 couldn’t make it), everyone has lost somebody close to them in that last two years, some expected, most unexpectedly.

Buddy owns a cabin on Cedar Mountain, a distance from Duck Creek, plenty of room for us all, 3 fully prepped meals per day, everyone chipped in with duties. We planned this, that and the other and did none of it. Didn’t use my gym shoes, my hiking boots, remained in flip flops and didn’t leave the cabin, aside from sleep, we were all on the large deck just bs’ing and tossing back a few.

Highly recommended if you get the chance to connect like that.

Not looking forward to getting back to work, that’s for sure. As I left on my PTO, I threw a rather large monkey wrench at management, officially giving my interest in a different job (I absolutely LOATHE my current job, what it has become). I figured it was a good time to release it, let them stew over it for about a week. Haven’t gone through the 100+ text messages or any work emails yet, I’m sure it’ll be interesting. I’ll see if anything UNLV popped up in the messages.

Anything major happen with UNLV in the past week before I go through some posts later tonight?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News