ADVERTISEMENT

Bailey-new transfer qb

LINEBACKER_U

Retired Number
Aug 3, 2001
Henderson
I went back and watched a game from 2020. He's a big kid 6'5" 220 looks pretty accurate and has a strong arm. Does not have great mobility. They rotated another quarterback in later and Harrison Bailey was high-fiving the other guy and excited when they other guy led a touchdown drive. Seems good from a team standpoint.. not selfish.

I'm not a football scout by any means but this guy looks like a prototype pocket passer with a good arm. He took some punishment (Tennessee OL wasn't protecting him very well) and didn't look bothered.

Apparently he was a ESPN top 300 four-star recruit. I think he came in around number 240 the year he came out.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I liked him he was an above average division one quarterback.

Best year was Sophomore year...

Played in 9 games.

Completed 60% passes for 1800 yards and 18 to 4 TD/INT ratio..

That was the year they beat ASU and ISU back to back weeks.

Went 5-7.

Lost 4 games they lead going into 4th quarter. (I think)

That team was really close to turning the corner.

Sad as it is to say about a 5-7 team (well what it says about the state of the program) but I would argue they might have been our best team outside of Robinson's bowl team in the last 25 years..

Let's hope the coaches can grab a couple O line guys as well. Definitely need some depth and some hogs on both sides of the line

If they don't it won't matter who's under center.

Not trying to reduce the importance of good running backs, especially game breakers like we had in Chuck and Lex...

But if you have an above average O-Line, you don't need to have elite running backs to be efficient in the run game.

Broncos in the late 90s early 2000s were churning out a different 1k yard rusher almost every year..

I liked him just not as much as the other two though with JT his last year was a disappointment.

Thomas looked like he never recovered from that shoulder injury.

He was never going to be a guy that could consistently win games if forced to throw 30+ times, but he went from above avg arm strength/accuracy to looking like a right handed person trying to throw left handed his senior year.

He was never going to be a guy that could consistently win games if forced to throw 30+ times, but he went from above avg arm strength/accuracy to looking like a right handed person trying to throw left handed his senior year.
I don’t think he ever had a great arm. But his last season, everything was wobbly and floated. If it weren’t for his legs, he’d have been as useless as Rocky Hines for the Rebels. Or a kicker.

Reactions: UNLVbro
I don’t think he ever had a great arm. But his last season, everything was wobbly and floated. If it weren’t for his legs, he’d have been as useless as Rocky Hines for the Rebels. Or a kicker.

Just looked at his numbers...

He was good not great his Sophomore season.

Was bad Jr and Sr year...

Under 50% completions both seasons. More Int's than Td's..

Yeah he was terrible his last year, I forgot about the surgery though which would explain it.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Just looked at his numbers...

He was good not great his Sophomore season.

Was bad Jr and Sr year...

Under 50% completions both seasons. More Int's than Td's..
We do seem to be a QB home for those who never live up to expectations. Who was that kid from Green Valley High..Stanton...Dalton? I'll just call him big time bust.

I don’t think the passing scheme did JT any favors either. 3rd and 8 would always be 9 yard curl routes and JT would sail it over the receiver’s head. He was better outside of the pocket. He would have been a dynamic player in today’s spread offenses if he would have been able to master the read option and RPOs.

As far as Bailey goes, it’s been awhile since we’ve had a QB with a pocket passing skills. Will be interesting to see how Arroyo adapts the offense. Hopefully gets some WR talent as well, since that will be key to match with Bailey’s skill set.

No inside info just opinion but if your as highly ranked as Bailey your not coming to UNLV if you don't have WR's you think are quality. So I am guessing there is something in the mix.

We do seem to be a QB home for those who never live up to expectations. Who was that kid from Green Valley High..Stanton...Dalton? I'll just call him big time bust.

Denton...

What could have been..

He had some personal issues..If not for that, I honestly think he would be up there with Cunningham.. (Wouldn't have had the NFL career as Randall, but in terms of college success/numbers, he would have been right there.)

Back to Denton, I played against him his Senior year. When I say "played against" I mean I was called up to varsity for playoffs and left the field as clean as I was when I arrived, except for the rain that poured in that Zone finals game.

Dude was a machine and Green Valley was the only team in Vegas who threw the ball back then. Our defense was stacked but there was no way to prepare for that game.

If they don't it won't matter who's under center.

Not trying to reduce the importance of good running backs, especially game breakers like we had in Chuck and Lex...

But if you have an above average O-Line, you don't need to have elite running backs to be efficient in the run game.

Broncos in the late 90s early 2000s were churning out a different 1k yard rusher almost every year..
This was very true.. Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Davis, Portis, Droughns and Bell!

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
For starters they already have a commit from Randy Masters who had dozens of offers, and is considered a big time WR recruit for UNLV!
His recruiting list was impressive and from some of the articles I read Baylor and LSU recruited him hard. Only 3* but I guess he has a ton of speed. That list was strong.

His recruiting list was impressive and from some of the articles I read Baylor and LSU recruited him hard. Only 3* but I guess he has a ton of speed. That list was strong.

The MSU transfer only played in three games in 2020 none in 2021.

In three games had over 300 yards. Absolutely lit up Michigan in one start. (150+ yards I believe)..

Guessing there were some off the field issues or possibly injury (combination maybe?)

Anyway he looks legit.

The MSU transfer only played in three games in 2020 none in 2021.

In three games had over 300 yards. Absolutely lit up Michigan in one start. (150+ yards I believe)..

Guessing there were some off the field issues or possibly injury (combination maybe?)

Anyway he looks legit.
I was talking about Masters, but I remember White's game against Michigan because every pass catch was a bomb he had like 4 40 yard catches or something like that. And it was a big upset at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT