ADVERTISEMENT

Avery Bradley...

RebelmominLV

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2008
Is a case study on how even with talent, work ethic, smarts, and opportunity- sometimes the trajectory of a career still comes down to coaching.

When he was here at Findlay, I really admired his practice work, defensive drive, and his smarts. He was an practice animal that outworked everyone despite being the most talented high schooler in the state. His hard-nosed defense and court smarts led them to an undefeated national championship despite likely being outside of the top 5 talent wise.

Despite my general apathy for the NBA, I followed his career with the celtics. He struggled with injuries and being misused at point guard that killed his momentum every time he crawled back into the lineup his first 3 years. Around 2013 I would have bet that he was going to be traded and would bounce out of the league in the following few years.

Then Brad Stevens came into the picture. He signed his free agent package and swapped him to shooting guard. He resisted all temptation to switch his position to pg despite the Celtics having a hole to fill at that position. Bradley has looked, for the last couple years, like a player who is going to have a long successful career. He's been a stud these playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News