ADVERTISEMENT

Ahhhhh

It was fun to watch Burns put his big body to work against the blue devils. He is a larger version of Whaley but has the same game. Can they continue the Cinderella run and beat Purdue? Kinda hate saying it, but go Wolfpack!

Bye Bye Duke!
When Duke loses - it doesn't improve our record.

To hold a grudge against the last team to beat us in the Final Four (that was over 30 years ago) is entirely pathetic -

Its pathetic to even consider them as our rival (that was ancient history)

We are not on their level at all - I don't hate them for that

I respect Duke for being everything we ARE NOT

We should've had a lot of other bad romances to Hate other teams by now - We are still hung up on the one failed relationship we had with a blue blood. A long long time ago. Before any of the players were born.

the fact that we have to go back over 30 years to have good reason to hate a team is embarrassing.

Last edited:
I've lost most of my disdain for Duke.
My ex father-in law was a Duke grad, and I sat and watched Duke games with him. He was oblivious to the fact that so many people hated Duke, it was kind of funny. I also work with a Duke grad now. Both are good guys. My co worker is fully aware of the hate. Also he is one of the few people I can talk college basketball with, so I am grateful for that. Most don't follow col BB around here.
I have never rooted for Duke, just became somewhat indifferent to them.
A part of me does get a little happy when they lose.

When Duke loses - it doesn't improve our record.

To hold a grudge against the last team to beat us in the Final Four (that was over 30 years ago) is entirely pathetic -

Its pathetic to even consider them as our rival (that was ancient history)

We are not on their level at all - I don't hate them for that

I respect Duke for being everything we ARE NOT

We should've had a lot of other bad romances to Hate other teams by now - We are still hung up on the one failed relationship we had with a blue blood. A long long time ago. Before any of the players were born.

the fact that we have to go back over 30 years to have good reason to hate a team is embarrassing.
We disagree!

I've lost most of my disdain for Duke.
My ex father-in law was a Duke grad, and I sat and watched Duke games with him. He was oblivious to the fact that so many people hated Duke, it was kind of funny. I also work with a Duke grad now. Both are good guys. My co worker is fully aware of the hate. Also he is one of the few people I can talk college basketball with, so I am grateful for that. Most don't follow col BB around here.
I have never rooted for Duke, just became somewhat indifferent to them.
A part of me does get a little happy when they lose.
"Both are good guys."

My Dad worked with a couple of ex-Nazi German Immigrants. They, also, were good guys.

For me it’s not so much the FF loss to Duke (we curb-stomped them the year prior and set numerous championship records in the process) but one can’t help but enjoy watching a team lose when their fan base is so cocky (generally speaking of course). They’re just fun to root against. Still nowhere near the pleasure of watching UNR lose.

I hate the Dookies and am always happy when they lose. But not necessarily because of UNLV's final four loss to them but because I got my PHD from UNC. So the hatred is due to the rival between them and UNC.

Reactions: dcut03
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT