ADVERTISEMENT

After further review

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
I was never a huge Wood fan as a player - as I'm sure many of you recall my postings over the course of the season. And my dislike was completely based on effort/focus and we had plenty of arguments about whether that could/would change and if it actually mattered. No need to hash up those old arguments, what's done is done, he's gone.

Where I did stand up for Wood is that it's not completely his fault, he's young, lighthearted, immature and a bit flighty and most of that should be resolved just by growing up.

This chapter is now closed but man, grow up kid. Quickly. Acting this way in the NBA isn't going to work. And it won't fly well in many professional leagues.

There's a right way and a wrong way to doing things. It's just being responsible. And I'm talking much deeper than the silly teasing tweets. Just handle your business like a man.

When Rashad left, some of us agreed, some of disagreed with the decision. But nobody was truly angry and wished him well. Disappointed maybe, but not angry. And that's because he handled things properly. I'm sure we will be visiting these scenarios again soon, as soon as next season. Why do I believe that everyone will handle things much, much differently than Chris - and that's without using Chris' way of doing things as a reference. The kids will handle it properly naturally. Because it's just one of those common sense and decency things that everyone pretty much just gets.

Show some grace, show some humility. Don't be a jackass on your way out the door.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News