ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of things

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
from what I'm hearing, a couple of things are jumping out with these early workouts. Yes, most of the time is being spent on defense. Pass denial, overplayed lanes, tight D, etc.

Zimmerman didn't enter this thing with any ego. I'll be honest, each and every five star before him at UNLV came in knowing they were good, better than the rest, and to different extents, relied upon their laurels. At least to some degree, some very heavy.

Zimmerman doesn't have that at all. What's going to get him where he wants to before some of these other five star guys is that attitude (all out work) and his extreme coachability. He's not a know it all, he's a sponge. And obviously he has size and talent and is unselfish. Great attributes that can really only be sidelined by bad luck. Have also heard that Zimmerman is north of 240 pounds now WITH REDUCED body fat percentage. He's not skin and bones, he's got some brawn and he's using it.

Another thing I'm hearing - Goodluck has been all business. That wasn't the case last year. Joked around a lot, was inconsistent with effort at times, was a little too big for his britches. Having a year under his belt, getting a year older surely helped. But so is the new company that he keeps.

Reactions: CRhodes1983
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News