ADVERTISEMENT

3 NBA players on this team?

RunninRebl90

Rebel Legend
Apr 1, 2009
Vegas baby
Not a chance in hell.

Zimm is the most likely to be in the NBA and his stock is based strictly on where he was in the T150 last year IMO. Anyone who watched him this season knows he has to work on core strength in a major way, go-to post moves and a host of other intangibles (Like not putting the ball on the deck in the key when surrounded by 5 defenders). I'm not knocking the kid at all. He stayed home and played for the local team and he was a warrior all year. Fighting through injuries and the rest of the dysfunction must have been hell for him. Yet he gave his all and that's more than u can ask of him. That being said, in the NBA he is going to be cannon fodder. He's too underdeveloped physically and his skill-set isn't honed enough by a long-shot. I don't want to see another UNLV player get there to the Association and flame out before they truly develop into the player they are going to be. If Zimm jumps now, he won't get to demonstrate that IMO.

Same with Patty and DJJ. I love those two, but they are setting themselves up for failure. It's Roscoe and Khem all over again. Can they pay for play? Yes. But not in the NBA. If they think the D-League, or Europe are better options than UNLV, so be it. There's circumstances with a baby for Jones and a new staff on the horizon, but both can increase their stock dramatically if they spent another year, maybe 2 in college. Both are good enough to be there someday. It's just not this day.

In truth, i expect all 3 to go. At the end of the day u can't blame them for leaving. Whether it's because of extenuating circumstances, or for a change of scenery, or just to chase a dream, u have to let them. But i don't have to like it and i don't have to keep my mouth shut about it either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News