ADVERTISEMENT

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
There had to be at least 20,000 people who couldn't their fat asses off the couch or away from a video poker machine to see a really exciting game. I can't imagine what it will take to get them out. This game was for bowl eligibility, against a foe that usually kicks our ass, and for a fifth win in a row ( something it appears hasn't been done in 39 years ).

There had to be at least 20,000 people who couldn't their fat asses off the couch or away from a video poker machine to see a really exciting game. I can't imagine what it will take to get them out. This game was for bowl eligibility, against a foe that usually kicks our ass, and for a fifth win in a row ( something it appears hasn't been done in 39 years ).

Finish season with 8+ wins win a bowl game I think we start to see crowds creep up next year.

That said thought tonight's crowd was really into the game.

Its SAD dude. That a city of millions can't find enough people to attend a major college d1 football game. The only real Local College team within 200 miles - with a good record - best in decades. Home coming game 2

Meanwhile there are 1000s and 1000s of locals eating up the everyday BS Las Vegas - right now as we speak there are 1000s and 1000s of locals banging some kind of slot machine and drinking thier FREE drinks

Bottom line - The culture in Vegas- overall - SUCKS - Sorry but the people of Las Vegas SUCK 2. TBH

Honestly though its not the peoples fault- the entire UNLV marketing department should be FIRED. If they cant sell this ? they cant sell shit !!!

Its SAD dude. That a city of millions can't find enough people to attend a major college d1 football game. The only real Local College team within 200 miles - with a good record - best in decades. Home coming game 2

Meanwhile there are 1000s and 1000s of locals eating up the everyday BS Las Vegas - right now as we speak there are 1000s and 1000s of locals banging some kind of slot machine and drinking thier FREE drinks

Bottom line - The culture in Vegas- overall - SUCKS - Sorry but the people of Las Vegas SUCK 2. TBH

Honestly though its not the peoples fault- the entire UNLV marketing department should be FIRED. If they cant sell this ? they cant sell shit !!!
This game was a classic, man....I think I had multiple disturbances calls my neighbour made to the police department. I had to turn off the lights and hide in my house. Damn Amish peeps!

People love winners. We are getting better publicity than we have had in previous years, but this is the first year when the guys have come through and have won. Give it time. If the trend continues, there will be better attendance in the stadium.

People stayed to the end because there is an actual feeling (turning into belief) that they're not out of it. One thing that is so great is that this team competes. For so many years, they have struggled to be competitive, to have at least a chance to win. Even when CSU drove down (BS on that knucklehead throwing a flag from the other side of the field for pass interference) and kicked the FG, I was relatively OK if the guys didn't get the win. They are a threat to every team in the league. They overcome their myriad mistakes. Clean those up and...

This is fun.

Look DMV has around 7 million, MD averages 36K including students, the Illinois game they brought parents of kids, MD was 5-1 going into game.

If UNLV can't beat Fresno could be 8-1 with Air Force coming in!

Look DMV has around 7 million, MD averages 36K including students, the Illinois game they brought parents of kids, MD was 5-1 going into game.

If UNLV can't beat Fresno could be 8-1 with Air Force coming in!
Beating Fresno worth two wins? Seriously one game at a time. Everyone keep saying that CSU is a bad team, they are not. We cannot afford to overlook anybody.

• Haha
Reactions: Mojo702

Too expensive , Man and a hassel to get there.
But.....We should all still be going
Make it less expensive for a family with kids. More shuttles , maybe ?

Reactions: RebelMan5000
Last month, 12 kids drowned in SE Asia because the boat they usually take each morning to school sunk. High water season over there.

I have no desire to ever go to any event at Allegiant for this reason.

Maybe I MIGHT go if shuttles were being offered from the new Durango Station like is currently offere from Red Rock or GVR, but I’m not driving anywhere else to ride a shuttle.

Guess that’s a moot point because it doesn’t even look like there are as many shuttle options like there are for Raiders game.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I have no desire to ever go to any event at Allegiant for this reason.

Maybe I MIGHT go if shuttles were being offered from the new Durango Station like is currently offere from Red Rock or GVR, but I’m not driving anywhere else to ride a shuttle.

Guess that’s a moot point because it doesn’t even look like there are as many shuttle options like there are for Raiders game.
Ever thought about carpooling with other people to the game?

I have driven there and found it easy as hell to get in and out of. Barely any traffic.

So 22,600 was the attendance? Not horrible for us but given the stakes would definitely like to see a higher number. You should be able to get 30K.

Reactions: VegasKC SDM
I have driven there and found it easy as hell to get in and out of. Barely any traffic.

So 22,600 was the attendance? Not horrible for us but given the stakes would definitely like to see a higher number. You should be able to get 30K.
It is a horrible numbers, man. So pathetic.

Reactions: WarthogRebel
All of the “hassle” excuses as reasons not to go are just that, EXCUSES. Yes, you have to pay for parking, but there are PLENTY of options in and around the stadium area. Very affordable options as well. Traffic is EASY. Much easier to get out then Sam Boyd ever was.

You want to “support” our team from home, that’s fine. But enough with the BS excuses as why you don’t go to the game.

All of the “hassle” excuses as reasons not to go are just that, EXCUSES. Yes, you have to pay for parking, but there are PLENTY of options in and around the stadium area. Very affordable options as well. Traffic is EASY. Much easier to get out then Sam Boyd ever was.

You want to “support” our team from home, that’s fine. But enough with the BS excuses as why you don’t go to the game.
I think it’s demonstrating that fans are tough to win over. Many fans are. We’ve never “won” in football, you’re going to be stuck with your core base plus a few thousand if you show glimmers. I think it’s going to have to be success sustained for longer. I think he’s earned several thousand more for next year (since we will be in a bowl game). Show success next year, I think that’s when more and more will start believing and trickling in.

He can’t worry too much about it. Just control the program, the rest will follow. It’s one of the tough parts of this job in particular.

Reactions: lvrebalum2012
It is going to be a intesting off season. We have the chance to become a Top 30-40 team in a year or 2.IMO we are about 60-70ish. With the chance to get better if we can get the Freshman QB more comfortable with the playbook and jella bit more. A few more pieces on both sides of the ball and we are there. Coaching is significantly better (OPTICS). Having a players coach and likeable HC does not hurt either. I just hope we have our coaching staff around long enough to see it thru. We finish with 9-10 (probably 8-9)wins and i would be willing to bet there will be a handful of more lucrative offers out there for several of the coaches.

Did you go to the game?

Not picking on you and I don’t understand it either but I am enjoying every minute of every game. What a great venue.

Last edited:
You think paying to park is unusual? I’ve been to road games at SDSU, Utah St, UTEP, Arkansas St, ASU. Every one of them charged for parking. Most of them required parking in locations just as far as locations around Allegiant.

Parking around the stadium costs as low as $18.

If you don’t want to pay to park, then park on campus and ride over via RTC for $2!

Last edited:
Even with a shuttle the trip is much easier than driving out to the swamp of Sam Boyd Stadium and that’s including the current construction surrounding the major routes around the stadium. And given how ridiculously nice Allegiant Stadium is I just don’t understand folks thinking it’s not worth the trip. Great seats great view lines great food options etc. UNLV games are such a better bargain than the cost of Raiders games it’s not even comparable. All around great experience IMHO. Hell I experience more traffic congestion leaving The Smith Center than Allegiant.

Fat asses 😂😂😂

A hassle? I live 1/4 mile from the exit to Kyle Canyon. My sons and I left at 3:10 from our house and were in our seats for the national anthem at 3:50. So in 40 mins we could drive there, park, walk to the stadium entrance, get through security, and get to our seats.

I hate that there is so much apathy surrounding the program. But its understandable. This particular team deserves better. UNLVs history created it. It's going to take continued success to change minds. I think attendance will continue to creep up, but it's going to take time.

A hassle? I live 1/4 mile from the exit to Kyle Canyon. My sons and I left at 3:10 from our house and were in our seats for the national anthem at 3:50. So in 40 mins we could drive there, park, walk to the stadium entrance, get through security, and get to our seats.

Hold on I thought Sam Boyd was a hassle and the new billion dollar stadium would correct that mindset and reason for not attending games.

MD we had pass at Comcast arena, 15-20 min walk to stadium, getting out is miserable, only good thing most games were over by 3rd so it was manageable

Anyone who was a Veteran can get an "M" Life card for free parking at MGM properties and park in the Mandalay Bay garage. Easy Peasy over the bridge. Get the card at any MGM promotion desk. Bring proof of discharge.

Reactions: dcut03 and unlove
You think paying to park is unusual? I’ve been to road games at SDSU, Utah St, UTEP, Arkansas St, ASU. Every one of them charged for parking. Most of them required parking in locations just as far as locations around Allegiant.

Parking around the stadium costs as low as $18.

If you don’t want to pay to park, then park on campus and ride over via RTC for $2!
I park at OYO because I hate paying for parking, yes walk is 15-20 mins but it's free and I get my steps in for the day lol. Hopefully the people that say it's a hassle have a change of tune if we can keep up the winning ways.

I park at OYO because I hate paying for parking, yes walk is 15-20 mins but it's free and I get my steps in for the day lol. Hopefully the people that say it's a hassle have a change of tune if we can keep up the winning ways.
That's a good option. Another option, although I haven't done it, is the open air lots at the South side of the Tropicana bordering Reno Dr. (St?)

Reactions: NSU67
I’ve been to 3 Oregon games this year two in Eugene one in Seattle, I have flights booked for two more SC and Oregon St. I’m going to Chicago in two weeks for Iowa vs Northwestern.

Getting to UNLVs stadium if you live in LV is inexpensive and easy…

I love CFB obviously I go to a lot of games but I like to go to games in a big atmosphere, great setting, etc. I thought about going to the SDSU vs Reno game last night for about 1 second , then I looked at the CFB schedule and decided I’d much rather walk my happy ass down the street to the bar and watch several much more compelling games from a barstool. People on LV are no different, if you have no connection to UNLV or even if you do would you rather watch SC vs Utah, FsU vs Duke and some others from the bar or go watch UNLV vs CSU?

Last edited:

Yeah I am not sure what people are talking about when they say hard to get to. From GV it took me less than 30 minutes. I have yet to go to a college game easier to get to than UNLV right now. You want traffic try Michigan, Ohio St, USC and yet they manage to fill their stadiums.

On the other side of the spectrum. I was at home with my family and asked who wanted to go. Teenagers had a party so no way could they miss that. Wife said if she felt better. At 3:30 I asked again no takers so I drove to the stadium bought a ticket in the Twitch lounge section down low. Watched a fun back and forth game and heard the sweetest noise known to man and the way out to my car. "Rebels. Rebels. Rebels. Rebels.....". I live at rhodes ranch I made it by kickoff and I got home in twenty minutes heading west on Russell road.

There are numerous parking lots within walking distance of the stadium for $10-20. https://www.bestparking.com/las-veg...ming-cowboys-at-unlv-rebels-football-1356427/ Numerous businesses in the general area open up parking spaces for the games. Some are pre-booked and others pay at the lot. You can easily walk to these parking spaces in about 10 minutes. Obviously you will need to make sure the lots you are going to are active on the day of the events, but it appears there is plenty of parking, and many of the lots can be pre-booked.

There are numerous parking lots within walking distance of the stadium for $10-20. https://www.bestparking.com/las-veg...ming-cowboys-at-unlv-rebels-football-1356427/ Numerous businesses in the general area open up parking spaces for the games. Some are pre-booked and others pay at the lot. You can easily walk to these parking spaces in about 10 minutes. Obviously you will need to make sure the lots you are going to are active on the day of the events, but it appears there is plenty of parking, and many of the lots can be pre-booked.
For both Raiders and UNLV games I park behind the stadium in one of those commercial plazas west of the stadium. It takes me 5-10 minutes to get from I15/Trop to my parking spot. I am a season ticket holder to the Patriots and Raider fans have no idea how good they have it with traffic and parking compared to Foxborough, Miami, Chicago, LA, the Meadowlands...

Reactions: reagan21 and dcut03
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT