ADVERTISEMENT

2016-2017 Roster?

lvhiker

Retired Number
Mar 10, 2002
I may not have this right but it looks like MM has managed to assemble a roster that, at least on paper, looks intriguing. And there is room to add a few more players. I like the fact that he is signing guys with 3 and 4 years of eligibility for the most part. And the signees don't look like one and done types!!

Jaylen Ballou -- PG
Barry Cheaney -- G
Kris Clyburn -- SG, SF
Ben Coupet, Jr -- SG, SF
Cheickna Dembele -- C
Tyrell Green -- SF, PF(?)
Dwayne Morgan -- PF
Jalen Poyser -- PG, SG
Austin Starr -- SG

If the WSU senior transfer, Valentine Izundu, comes to UNLV, that would help next year but not effect recruiting for the next year.

So far, so good. Go rebels.

Thanks. This year's roster listed Cheaney as a redshirt junior.

I may not have this right but it looks like MM has managed to assemble a roster that, at least on paper, looks intriguing. And there is room to add a few more players. I like the fact that he is signing guys with 3 and 4 years of eligibility for the most part. And the signees don't look like one and done types!!
I really like Ballou. Prince Fowler and Marcus Banks mix.
Jaylen Ballou -- PG
Barry Cheaney -- G
Kris Clyburn -- SG, SF
Ben Coupet, Jr -- SG, SF
Cheickna Dembele -- C
Dwayne Morgan -- PF
Jalen Poyser -- PG, SG
Austin Starr -- SG

If the WSU senior transfer, Valentine Izundu, comes to UNLV, that would help next year but not effect recruiting for the next year.

Would like to see him add a graduate transfer or two to help with experience

Jaylan Ballou, 6'0" freshman point guard
Kris Clyburn, 6'6"(seen him listed as small as 6'3" though) sophomore shooting guard/small forward
Chiekna Dembele, 6'11" freshman center
Ben Coupet, 6'7" freshman small forward

If Justin Jackson honors his committment and we add an experienced big man(Valentine Izundu or Ray Kasongo) we'll have a solid roster. It's always be nice to add more players but it'd probably be better to keep options open so that the staff can have a proper recruiting season and target the players they want/need more selectively. As it stands Coach Menzies has done an outstanding job in such a short time with so much going against him. Can't wait to see how the team comes together next season.

Reactions: 1Tripoda

Jaylen Ballou -- PG
Barry Cheaney -- G
Kris Clyburn -- SG, SF
Ben Coupet, Jr -- SG, SF
Cheickna Dembele -- C
Dwayne Morgan -- PF
Jalen Poyser -- PG, SG
Austin Starr -- SG

If we can hang on to JJ and get Carlos to come back; add Charlie Moore, Izundu and Kostas, that would be a great late to the party team. We would end up with the top recruiting class in the MWC after a disastrous couple of months.
Menzies staff has a ton of college coaching experience. I cant wait to watch them put this team together.

Its going to be interesting to see what he does with the last 6 schollies.
Anyone know where the team will play their summer tour? I hope Canada.

Sorry, I missed your earlier post. I am just trying to be my "Pollyanna" self!

Need a few more bigs. But considering what the roster looked like a month ago... Good work MM!

Jackson is looking at other places closer to home now. I don't think he is coming.

Jackson took visits to UCONN and Maryland, visits Oregon soon. Hasn't crossed us off yet but highly doubtful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT