ADVERTISEMENT

2 players to try out for the Rebels

Rebel Chi-girl

Lottery Pick
Aug 29, 2003
Henderson, NV
Christian Jones, SR transfer from St. Johns PF 6' 7", 235lbs immediately eligible & Mike Bippy, Jr. HS graduate, PG 6'3", 175lbs. Both are said to be coming to try out with the Rebels. We do still have 2 scholarships up for grabs.

I don't mind giving out the scholarships to a Senior. But I don't want to use up all of our chips on this years class. We need some available for next years class also. It would be nice to have some options down the stretch. We have been so plagued with injuries that I feel we almost have to coach to something happening. I felt Rice played some of our guys too much and they got injured. You can go deeper than 7 in college. I think a nice 8-9 man regular rotation, going all the way to 12 on blow outs to conserve your starters. Once a game is in the bag, one way or the other you have to let others play.

When our players get injured at the end of the season, how can you expect a guy who has had a court side seat the whole season to come in and not be nervous and screw up. You got to get them some burn. Got to manage the minutes as a good coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT