ADVERTISEMENT

2:30 Afternoon Start.

Rancher33

Conference POY
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2013
Whos horrible idea is this. There was no TV start time(which I could buy)
We live in Las Vegas right?
I love my Rebs and have no problem driving across town to root on a 3-9 crap team every year. But you can't make me do this in a microwave oven. I'm sure I now have melanoma all over my body.
Anybody at UNLV realize how nice an experience a 5:00 start would be for the fans?
At least we were only down 35 zip at the half.
Another 8000 fans out at the Sam Boyd enjoying getting sunburnt, sweating and watching the rebels get thumped.

Reactions: RebelBuzz
I think it goes beyond that. Call it excuse making, call it whatever you want, but I would argue that the 2:30 start was a contributing factor to the play on the field. Between being in the heat in black jerseys, to changing the standard home game routine, I hated the start time.

We were coming off a game at Hawaii that started at 9:00 body time. I'm not saying that as a fatigue thing, but why not just plan the home game to get you back on track to what you're used to doing at SBS? We are not a good program yet. We need to give ourselves every extra bit of help we can to win games. A 2:30 start does not do that.

Reactions: Rancher33
Lets be real. We all should know that this weather is not normal. How's the weather if the REBELS would have won the game.

BTW I hate early afternoon start times, even for basketball. There seems to be jet leg on those games home or away

Lets be real. We all should know that this weather is not normal. How's the weather if the REBELS would have won the game.

BTW I hate early afternoon start times, even for basketball. There seems to be jet leg on those games home or away

The part of your post I highlighted is exactly why you don't schedule this game at this time.

Obviously if the Rebels win, we aren't complaining. But as I said above, who says that a later start time doesn't help the Rebels get that victory? Give yourself as many advantages as you can to win the game. The early start time was not helpful.

I think it goes beyond that. Call it excuse making, call it whatever you want, but I would argue that the 2:30 start was a contributing factor to the play on the field. Between being in the heat in black jerseys, to changing the standard home game routine, I hated the start time.

We were coming off a game at Hawaii that started at 9:00 body time. I'm not saying that as a fatigue thing, but why not just plan the home game to get you back on track to what you're used to doing at SBS? We are not a good program yet. We need to give ourselves every extra bit of help we can to win games. A 2:30 start does not do that.
I actually thought maybe coach Tony and the boys thought maybe they could wear down these guys from Colorado with the heat. Apparently not. All it did was wear out the poor people sitting in the stands. I couldn't imagine playing in those black jerseys.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT