ADVERTISEMENT

Zimm off the bench

TomKingsley

Conference POY
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2008
Las Vegas!
Let me get this straight - Stephen had a leg contusion bad enough that it limited his practices time but not bad enough to effect his minutes agaist AZ overall. Because of this condition. - he would not start......what kind of BS is that? Why didn't Dave just say it was Stephen idea not to start?

Let me get this straight - Stephen had a leg contusion bad enough that it limited his practices time but not bad enough to effect his minutes agaist AZ overall. Because of this condition. - he would not start......what kind of BS is that? Why didn't Dave just say it was Stephen idea not to start?
I didn't understand the thought process behind that. He was healthy enough to play but not start? You would think you would want to test him early to see if he could go?Or am I looking at that wrong? Maybe there is more to the story that isn't being reported?

In the end he didn't finish the game so I guess it's a mute point.

But it was odd.

I didn't understand the thought process behind that. He was healthy enough to play but not start? You would think you would want to test him early to see if he could go?Or am I looking at that wrong? Maybe there is more to the story that isn't being reported?
if it was only a bad bruise, he should have been able to go without furthering an injury. He needs to toughen up. I wonder if they have to handle Zimm differently to keep his "handlers" happy.

Last edited:
Whoa whoa whoa. It is not uncommon for players to be held from a starting role if they haven't fully practiced recently.

Seems to me that it was prob very painful, they decided to see how much he could go, and it turned out he couldn't.

It had to be hurting because he was getting beat laterally in that game like I havent seen from him.

At least that is what I took from it.

if it was only a bad bruise, he should have been able to go without furthering an injury. He needs to toughen up. I wonder if they have to handle Zimm differently to keep his "handlers" happy.
one thing, he doesn't have "handlers", just parents, and from what i understand, die-hard Rebel fans (posted here before and more frequently on the Confidential board). i am pretty sure Zimm gets parental concern/advice, but makes the ultimate decision....like being a Rebel and/or seeing how things would go against AZ.

no basketball player wants to sit when playing against a ranked team.

His mom, who is taking the season off from posting for this very reason, seems to be a guiding force in his life. As Flourian stated they appear to be parents, not handlers. I may be 100% wrong in that regard but I can usually tell if a person is good- or bad-natured.

Katin has handlers. BDJ...

one thing, he doesn't have "handlers", just parents, and from what i understand, die-hard Rebel fans (posted here before and more frequently on the Confidential board). i am pretty sure Zimm gets parental concern/advice, but makes the ultimate decision....like being a Rebel and/or seeing how things would go against AZ.

no basketball player wants to sit when playing against a ranked team.

I meant no negative connotation to the term "handlers". I simply meant the people looking out for Zimm's best interest. However, I guarantee they have professionals monitoring him and advising the family on what is best for his future in the NBA. They would be foolish not to and nobody would blame them.
I am a drag racer, I don't run all out in qualifying. I save a little for the eliminations, and even then, I dial soft and only run hard when the competition demands it. I 'm not gonna chance blowing up a motor until I'm in the money rounds.
However, I still feel he needs to get physically strong, be more aggressive and demand the ball. The Tark era of players staying 4 years and playing all out in college before leaving for the NBA is long gone.

Last edited:
I meant no negative connotation to the term "handlers". I simply meant the people looking out for Zimm's best interest. However, I guarantee they have professionals monitoring him and advising the family on what is best for his future in the NBA. They would be foolish not to and nobody would blame them.
I am a drag racer, I don't run all out in qualifying. I save a little for the eliminations, and even then, I dial soft and only run hard when the competition demands it. I 'm not gonna chance blowing up a motor until I'm in the money rounds.
However, I still feel he needs to get physically strong, be more aggressive and demand the ball. The Tark era of players staying 4 years and playing all out in college before leaving for the NBA is long gone.
ah yes, i'd hope they have some people that could/would provide insight. i took it as the "handlers" that push for someone to try for the draft early like maybe Khem Birch.

he's definitely hasn't physically matured, but i don't think he's soft at all. he might have been pushed here and there, but he never backs down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT