ADVERTISEMENT

Zaon

Tragic all around ... And at this point it seems like UNLV will never get an elite point guard to actually play here.

There's a soccer team in Portugal named Benfica. It is said that their coach from the 60s, Bela Guttman, cursed the team after getting fired. He allegedly said, "Not in a hundred years from now will Benfica ever be European champions again." Benfica hasn't won any European trophies since. Maybe when Tark left, he said "Not in a hundred years from now will UNLV ever have a decent point guard."

There's a soccer team in Portugal named Benfica. It is said that their coach from the 60s, Bela Guttman, cursed the team after getting fired. He allegedly said, "Not in a hundred years from now will Benfica ever be European champions again." Benfica hasn't won any European trophies since. Maybe when Tark left, he said "Not in a hundred years from now will UNLV ever have a decent point guard."
Being a Porto FC fan I hope Benfica never wins anything again. I hate them about as bad as I hate Duke or UNR. But I see your point their curse, then you had the bambino curse, now looks like we have the Tarkanian curse. Admin has always been a curse to UNLV, looks like we are just screwed

It’s not really a curse. We just haven’t seen anyone close to the level of a Tarkanian take over as head coach.

And it’s not like Tark avoided bad luck either. With better luck he could have won 3 or 4 national titles.

I can see why people would talk about curses though. We win conference titles as often as the football team.

Last edited:
It’s not really a curse. We just haven’t seen anyone close to the level of a Tarkanian take over as head coach.

And it’s not like Tark avoided bad luck either. With better luck he could have won 3 or 4 national titles.

I can see why people would talk about curses though. We win conference titles as often as the football team.
UNLV is a basketball school. The caring will never be at the same level, this is the result of the administrations trying to change that perspective. This is a basketball school, the admin need to embrace it....

UNLV is a basketball school. The caring will never be at the same level, this is the result of the administrations trying to change that perspective. This is a basketball school, the admin need to embrace it....
I am telling you, UNLV‘s heart is special. It’s isnt located in the left side like everyone’s else. A lot try to stab it in the vicinity....

UNLV used to be a basketball school. It used to actually have a college feel back then. School spirit was completely different. 30 years ago Mason intentionally changed that.

Where does UNLV go to fill that void now and what's the potential for having Kaluma decommit? Does UNLV go hard for a PG transfer as a stop gap for next year and make Uzan their number one priority for 2022? This situation has the potential to really set Coach Otz back quite a bit.

His lawyer got him out of jail.

that’s good. Will he ever suit up to be a Rebel?

I say lock him up and throw away the key.

there’s Uber and Lyft. Absolutely no way should anyone be driving under the influence..

ain’t gonna lie, I still drive drunk but have used lyft when I was too shit faced..

Same thing got Marcus Lawrence kicked off the team. Our track record with Bishop Gorman point guards isn't very good.

Hope the young man gets his s--t straightened out. Terrible to ruin his life before it really gets started. RIP to the innocent victim and his family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT