ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo Sources- RV plans to enter 2015 NBA Draft

Originally posted by papadub:
Haha, are u a big buisness tycoon or coaching expert? Haha, or habitual interweb whiner? What the puck do you know about any of it? You post a 4 year w/l record and drop the mic? Maybe those w/l totals correlate to team experience and not a 'lack of coaching'? The first 2 seasons were good seasons by the standards of 95% of college basketball and bad by no ones standards. Get real, hater. I could post a 3/4 year clip of a # of hall of fame caliber coaches that look like our last four years. I'm sure you will be quick to make excuses for those though. But all this is really futile, isn't it? This is what you do, right?
Yes please show me a 3/4 clip where coach K has top 5 recruiting classes and has gotten worse each year. Izzo got to the final 4 as a SEVEN seed!!! Bo is always in the top 25. YOU CANT!!! Bottom line, rice's W/L record has gotten worse and worse. See a pattern? If you are a good coach you will get better year by year and eventually be in the top 20 year after year. Yes you may have one year where you are not as good, but for the past three years the team has gotten worse and worse. Why do you think Barnes left Texas or was forced out? Because he was getting worse and worse over the past few years. Exactly what rice has done but we give him a 5 year extension and "one more year." I am not a hater. Just realistic. The big boosters wanted him out but I guess they are haters too huh? NO they want a program that gets better then is in the top 20 every year. Not one that has to play a "play in" game in their own conference tourney with a top 5 recruiting class. Apparently everyone on here is a rice lover.

Retard ummm I mean rebelluver, yes a player gets better in the offseason working on their game. Coaches can only spend so much time with a player during the season and in the offseason. If a player wants to get better, they have to work at it in the offseason. I said if you would have read, that some coaches can help a player get better, but rice isnt one of them. But for the majority, it is how much time a player spends in the gym. I dont think Jordan's jumper became 10x better in the nba than in college because of Phil Jackson. See here is the problem is that none of you have actually played basketball past the 5th grade so you wouldnt know. If you have, then you could understand the concept.

Originally posted by sandracer250:
Retard ummm I mean rebelluver, yes a player gets better in the offseason working on their game. Coaches can only spend so much time with a player during the season and in the offseason. If a player wants to get better, they have to work at it in the offseason. I said if you would have read, that some coaches can help a player get better, but rice isnt one of them. But for the majority, it is how much time a player spends in the gym. I dont think Jordan's jumper became 10x better in the nba than in college because of Phil Jackson. See here is the problem is that none of you have actually played basketball past the 5th grade so you wouldnt know. If you have, then you could understand the concept.
roll.r191677.gif

So he just repeats what i said and you do your little rolly smiley face which you use way too much by the way.

By the way moron, I have been reading you wrongly state this many times before, but I will finally correct you to show how ignorant you really are. Rice got a 2 year extension, not 5 simpleton.

Sure, some boosters reportedly wanted him gone, obviously not the important ones though.

Did you really compare Rice to Kryschewkis, Calipari, and Izzo? Wow, you must fall down a lot.

I have been ignoring most of your posts because it is like picking on a child but I had to laugh at you for old times sake.

I guess just about every other person I have seen that actually KNOWS basketball and isn't some dorky internet troll is wrong as well. From Grg to high school coaches to former players, all support the decision to keep him here.

But since the percentage of this board that has an IQ of under 100 thinks that is stupid, well I guess it is.

It is no coincidence that the people like you and knight and a few others that repost the same shit over and over and over come across.as having the intelligence of a walnut.

Now come back and call me stupid back and knight can put his rolling smiley face afterward because neither of you two idiots is capable of an original thought.

We have had some dumb people on this board over the years but you two take the cake.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

to Greedy: "Pahrumpian Idiot" - that's pretty funny.

to Pahrump250:

Khem - same player as when he got here? tell me you don't believe your own BS.
Massamba - oh it was the conditioning coach that made him better and put him in situations to succeed. we should hire him to be the coach right?
Bennett - went from 2 and done to 1 and #1 pick. of course he had talent, but he was put in situations to make plays and i guarantee it wasn't the conditioning coach putting him there. as a matter of fact, your Super Conditioning coach should be fired because Bennett got gassed all the time, but i'm sure that was Rice's fault too.
Wood - at least you agree there...well you did and you didn't. ignorance comes to mind.

by the way, the staff has a guy on the team named Stacey Augmon that did player development for the Denver Nuggets. so i'm guessing he knows a thing or 50 about developing players. so not necessarily Rice, but he is part of the staff. by the way, it's obvious you're young and clueless, so i thought i'd help you out. Augmon was a 4 year player that played for UNLV during the glory years. if you are ever at the Thomas & Mack and look up, you'll see his jersey hanging there. that's the guy that does player developing for the team.

Experience beats recruiting rankings... Rick Barnes was apparently good enough for 17 seasons at Texas. 17....and don't say what a good coach does, doesn't or should do. Cuz you don't get to, cuz you know nothing about it. I was responding to the webwhiner anyways. You are a lost cause.

1980-81 Duke 17-13 6-8 T-5th NIT Third Round
1981-82 Duke 10-17 4-10 T-6th
1982-83 Duke 11-17 3-11 7th
1983-84 Duke 24-10 7-7 T-3rd NCAA Round of 32

1978-79 UNLV 21-8
1979-80 UNLV 23-9 NIT Semifinals
1980-81 UNLV 16-12
1981-82 UNLV 20-10 NIT 2nd Round
1998-99 Fresno State 21-12 9-5 T-2nd (Pacific) NIT 1st Round
1999-00 Fresno State 24-10 11-3 2nd NCAA 1st Round
2000-01 Fresno State 26-7 13-3 1st NCAA 2nd Round
2001-02 Fresno State 19-15 9-9 T-5th NIT 1st Round

2004-05 UNLV 17-14 7-7 4th NIT Second Round
2005-06 UNLV 17-13 10-6 4th
2006-07 UNLV 30-7 12-4 2nd NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2007-08 UNLV 27-8 12-4 2nd NCAA Second Round
2008-09 UNLV 21-11 9-7 5th NIT First Round

2010-11 West Virginia 21-12 11-7 T-6th NCAA Third Round
2011-12 West Virginia 19-14 9-9 8th NCAA Second Round
West Virginia (Big 12 Conference) (2012-present)
2012-13 West Virginia 13-19 6-12 8th
2013-14 West Virginia 17-16 9-9 T-6th NIT First Round

There is the first four I looked up FYI...that's. Coach K, Coach Tark, Kruger, and Bob Huggins

This post was edited on 3/30 12:00 PM by papadub

Originally posted by rebelluver:
So he just repeats what i said and you do your little rolly smiley face which you use way too much by the way.

By the way moron, I have been reading you wrongly state this many times before, but I will finally correct you to show how ignorant you really are. Rice got a 2 year extension, not 5 simpleton.

Sure, some boosters reportedly wanted him gone, obviously not the important ones though.

Did you really compare Rice to Kryschewkis, Calipari, and Izzo? Wow, you must fall down a lot.

I have been ignoring most of your posts because it is like picking on a child but I had to laugh at you for old times sake.

I guess just about every other person I have seen that actually KNOWS basketball and isn't some dorky internet troll is wrong as well. From Grg to high school coaches to former players, all support the decision to keep him here.

But since the percentage of this board that has an IQ of under 100 thinks that is stupid, well I guess it is.

It is no coincidence that the people like you and knight and a few others that repost the same shit over and over and over come across.as having the intelligence of a walnut.

Now come back and call me stupid back and knight can put his rolling smiley face afterward because neither of you two idiots is capable of an original thought.

We have had some dumb people on this board over the years but you two take the cake.
Nothing you just said was original????

Walnuts must be pretty intelligent then!!!

If you use some reading comprehension, papadub was talking about the big programs and how he could find a span of 3-4 years where they were down. So I used some big programs...duh rebelluver...use that little pea brain God gave you and see why I compared them. You didnt do very well on the reading comprehension section of your SAT's huh?

The number one booster wanted him gone. If you had some info and knew what you were talking about, then I could understand but you are just a little pecker on the totem pole.

Originally posted by the Florian Trout:
to Greedy: "Pahrumpian Idiot" - that's pretty funny.

to Pahrump250:

Khem - same player as when he got here? tell me you don't believe your own BS.
Massamba - oh it was the conditioning coach that made him better and put him in situations to succeed. we should hire him to be the coach right?
Bennett - went from 2 and done to 1 and #1 pick. of course he had talent, but he was put in situations to make plays and i guarantee it wasn't the conditioning coach putting him there. as a matter of fact, your Super Conditioning coach should be fired because Bennett got gassed all the time, but i'm sure that was Rice's fault too.
Wood - at least you agree there...well you did and you didn't. ignorance comes to mind.

by the way, the staff has a guy on the team named Stacey Augmon that did player development for the Denver Nuggets. so i'm guessing he knows a thing or 50 about developing players. so not necessarily Rice, but he is part of the staff. by the way, it's obvious you're young and clueless, so i thought i'd help you out. Augmon was a 4 year player that played for UNLV during the glory years. if you are ever at the Thomas & Mack and look up, you'll see his jersey hanging there. that's the guy that does player developing for the team.
Trout, none of that made sense whatsoever. Do you have a crystal ball? Tell me, how many games are we gonna win next year? Apparently, you knew that Bennett was a 2 and done from the beginning. Rice couldnt even get Bennett the ball when we got our asses kicked by Cal because he got his ass out coached by Montgomery. Oh yea he was put in positions to make plays alright. What did he have like 10 points? Bennett scored and was in position because of his own doing and not rice. Do you go to practice Trout since you live out of state? Do you see Augmon working with players? Do you see him developing them? Didnt think so, so before you open your mouth and say stuff that you have no clue, take in a practice or two. Okay im done, you guys are rice nut huggers and too stupid to get that the team has gotten worse and worse under rice. Oh yea and Doolin got better under Rice too huh? Perfect example. He sucked under Rice and was a 1,000 point scorer at USF so Rice did an amazing job at developing Doolin as a better point guard.

It is just too bad we have to watch Rice ball for another year instead of looking at the future success of the program. Like I said he better be prayin that Vaughn stays.

Experience beats recruiting rankings... Rick Barnes was apparently good enough for 17 seasons at Texas. 17....and don't say what a good coach does, doesn't or should do. Cuz you don't get to, cuz you know nothing about it. I was responding to the webwhiner anyways. You are a lost cause.

1980-81 Duke 17-13 6-8 T-5th NIT Third Round
1981-82 Duke 10-17 4-10 T-6th
1982-83 Duke 11-17 3-11 7th
1983-84 Duke 24-10 7-7 T-3rd NCAA Round of 32

1978-79 UNLV 21-8
1979-80 UNLV 23-9 NIT Semifinals
1980-81 UNLV 16-12
1981-82 UNLV 20-10 NIT 2nd Round
1998-99 Fresno State 21-12 9-5 T-2nd (Pacific) NIT 1st Round
1999-00 Fresno State 24-10 11-3 2nd NCAA 1st Round
2000-01 Fresno State 26-7 13-3 1st NCAA 2nd Round
2001-02 Fresno State 19-15 9-9 T-5th NIT 1st Round

2004-05 UNLV 17-14 7-7 4th NIT Second Round
2005-06 UNLV 17-13 10-6 4th
2006-07 UNLV 30-7 12-4 2nd NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2007-08 UNLV 27-8 12-4 2nd NCAA Second Round
2008-09 UNLV 21-11 9-7 5th NIT First Round

2010-11 West Virginia 21-12 11-7 T-6th NCAA Third Round
2011-12 West Virginia 19-14 9-9 8th NCAA Second Round
West Virginia (Big 12 Conference) (2012-present)
2012-13 West Virginia 13-19 6-12 8th
2013-14 West Virginia 17-16 9-9 T-6th NIT First Round

There is the first four I looked up FYI...that's. Coach K, Coach Tark, Kruger, and Bob Huggins

This post was edited on 3/30 12:00 PM by papadub
Exactly. In each example, there was basically one bad year besides Duke because that was when Coach K was establishing Duke. Look at Fresno, 20 plus wins every year except his last (Tark was old). Look at UNLV with Kruger, 20 plus wins every year. Look at Huggins, had one to two bad years, then this year back in tourney. Look at Rice, no postseason last year, no post season this year, under 20 wins this year (a streak he F-ed up). And each one of your examples, they didn't have nearly the talent we did. Like I said, one bad year is fine, but the program is on a downward trend and has been for 2-3 years. People were talking final four this year, top 10, etc. What did we end up with 18-15, a play in game in our conf tourney and no postseason. Rice is doing an excellent job. Demote him and make him lead recruiter and hire a coach that can win some games.

You guys have so many excuses for Rice. He aint getting the job done so it is time to go. I am done arguing with all the Rice lovers who want him here because he loves the school and is an alumni and was part of Tark's teams. I dont care about that shit. I wanna win and he aint doing it. But give him another year because he is gonna turn it around next year and his vision is on par with that of our amazing AD.

I am just gonna jump on the rice bandwagon so we can all get along. He is awesome. One of the best recruiters and coaches in the country. No matter if Wood or Vaughn leave, he will turn it around, we will win the conference and get into the NCAA tourney most likely getting to the sweet 16. He develops players like no one I have ever seen. I mean look at Massamba, he was able to get him to walk and catch a ball at the same time. I love Rice. Go Rebels!!!!
This post was edited on 3/30 12:23 PM by sandracer250

This post was edited on 3/30 12:24 PM by sandracer250

No excuses!!! and get your facts straight, they're right in front of you. LMFAO!!! You said there wouldn't be coach K, and there HE IS. SMFH

Bye bye!!!!!!

Okay boys and girls, its quiz time, put on those thinking caps

Coach Rice was called into Tina's office for:

A. too many NCAA wins

B. developing too many players

C.. too many NCAA tournament wins

D. extra 5 yr contract extension

E. b & c

F. none of the above

Done here, time for Reb baseball

I'm having a hard time deciding between a or c, but I don't have my thinking cap on....

No excuses!!! and get your facts straight, they're right in front of you. LMFAO!!! You said there wouldn't be coach K, and there HE IS. SMFH

Bye bye!!!!!!
I dont think Rice was getting a program started like Coach K. Kruger already did that for Rice. Comparing apples and oranges. And we are talking this millennium not back when your momma had an afro.

This post was edited on 3/30 4:20 PM by sandracer250

Originally posted by Doubleyew:
ec
Uh oh!!! Rebelluver and I guess papadumb now better go help Rice clean his pants off. But it is okay because we are gonna be better next year because of the coaching skills of Rice and his player development. There has to be a reason why Khem left when he wasnt even projected to be drafted and Vaughn is leaving when he is projected in second round. If rice truly develops players, wouldn't you think they would stay and develop under Rice into first rounders?

But a serious question is why do players tweet "I haven't decided" and then days later hire an agent. Just come out and say I am declaring and I have hired an agent. I don't get why they BS around.

This post was edited on 3/30 4:29 PM by sandracer250

Originally posted by webjumper:
Okay boys and girls, its quiz time, put on those thinking caps

Coach Rice was called into Tina's office for:

A. too many NCAA wins

B. developing too many players

C.. too many NCAA tournament wins

D. extra 5 yr contract extension

E. b & c

F. none of the above

Done here, time for Reb baseball
Me me me...i know...F

Originally posted by rebelluver:
Your excitement at Vaughn leaving tells everybody exactly what they need to know. Case closed.
What do you do for a living? I hope it doesn't require any reading or comprehension skills. Nowhere in any of my posts did I say I was excited for Vaughn to leave. I actually hoped he would have stayed given his 2nd round projection but I guess he figures he will have a good pre-draft showing. He is actually one player that doesn't have to shoot a 3 or take it into the trees. He pulls up for a nice 12-15 footer and his jumper is smooth. Anyone with a smooth jumper I love watching. He has what 99% of players lack these days...midrange game. So no I didn't want to see him leave so try using the few brain cells you have remaining because I never said I was excited that he was leaving.

Originally posted by TomKingsley:
I think that one and done players would not help a program like UNLV at this point.
Yeah, no need for top talent in the country to come here.. Move along, we only accept 4 yr projects...

------ Youre right about one thing it doesnt help because the spin doctors would probably paint it as another early departure under Rice....

I guess it all depends on how the program is being built. The 2 high one and done players that have been Rebels recently (AB and RV) have not had a real big impact on the success of the program.

Originally posted by XFactorRebel:

Sandracer, for the love of God, shut up.
laugh.r191677.gif

use the ignore feature. sometimes people quote his stuff and i see it then, but every time it's the same thing:

1) Rice sucks
2) he can only recruit
3) not one player has ever got better and if they did it's because of the conditioning coach
4) Rice is the cause for every loss
5) the players are the cause for every win
6) rebelluver is a retard
7) i'm a retard
8) UNLV should just shell out $2.5 million for Shaka Smart
9) Rice sucks

he is so smart because he's been right all along about Rice. when UNLV blows up next year he will be here waiting for praises and hallelujahs for seeing what no one else can see. a true oracle.

LuvmesomeDR is another one to be ignored, that one took 1 post to see right through. at least Pahrump250 has some passion.

Originally posted by the Florian Trout:
Originally posted by XFactorRebel:

Sandracer, for the love of God, shut up.
laugh.r191677.gif

use the ignore feature. sometimes people quote his stuff and i see it then, but every time it's the same thing:

1) Rice sucks
2) he can only recruit
3) not one player has ever got better and if they did it's because of the conditioning coach
4) Rice is the cause for every loss
5) the players are the cause for every win
6) rebelluver is a retard
7) i'm a retard
8) UNLV should just shell out $2.5 million for Shaka Smart
9) Rice sucks

he is so smart because he's been right all along about Rice. when UNLV blows up next year he will be here waiting for praises and hallelujahs for seeing what no one else can see. a true oracle.

LuvmesomeDR is another one to be ignored, that one took 1 post to see right through. at least Pahrump250 has some passion.
Just to clarify, never said number 3 i was only referring to Massamba. 1, 2, 6 and 7 are a fact. And I never said 8. Never even mentioned one time about Shaka coming here. You guys just ignore the facts and what is in front of you. You are blinded by your love and mancrush for Rice.

As one poster stated, there is a reason he was called into Tina's office. It is because he isn't getting the job done. Kinda like when you guys got called into the principal's office you guys weren't getting good grades because you should have been held back a few years.

This post was edited on 3/31 12:42 PM by sandracer250

I agree with a lot of what sandracer is saying. Not everything, but quite a bit. The program has declined each year. You can sit and argue that it was because of the transfer players that came in and not being the right fit, but Rice was the one who was putting the teams together. Also, he hasn't been able to continue to recruit them once they get here. There have been so many transfers and players leaving early, when they shouldn't be. Some were needed, yes. And some helped the team. But he has still shown that he can't keep a team together. If vaughn and wood leave and we don't land Zimm, that's 6 guys gone. And sure, Justin Jackson will probably reclassify, but that still leaves 3 scholarships to be filled. This program has turned into a revolving door. I am happy with the core freshmen group however. And if it is kept intact, outside of vaughn, the team will be better. However, you still have shitty Dave Rice as your head coach.

I do not think 1 and done, or even 2 and done players help UNLV at this point. An exception would be if signing a player like Anthony Bennett, or the kind of 1 and done players who go to Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas, Arizona, ...etc.

UNLV is at a point now where having players that will stay all 4 years, and at the least 3 years, is of great importance. There is way too much player turnover, and it is hard to build a program when that is the case. It can be done at UK, Duke and schools of that ilk, because those schools simply reload each season. And, the players they sign who leave after 1 or 2 seasons tend to be high impact players for those 1-2 seasons.

At some point in the future, UNLV will hopefully have a program that is able to attract players that intend to play only 1-2 seasons, and mix 1 player of that ilk in with a recruiting class. This way, you get a player the caliber of Bennett who can have a big impact, and 3,4,5 other players that can be solid players over the course of 3-4 years. Right now, it would behoove UNLV to have 3-4 year players and have teams built in the same way as schools like VCU, Dayton, Wichita State, SDSU and others that have consistently high levels of success in terms of winning games, winning conference titles and/or playing in the NCAA Tournament.

This post was edited on 4/1 2:57 AM by GoRebs!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT