ADVERTISEMENT

Would CDR still be our coach?

kas4488

Lottery Pick
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
Chandler AZ
These are comments from Sean Miller after UofA's loss to Oregon last night. Sounds very similar to some of the issues that we had under CDR but Coach Miller definitely isn't afraid to throw some people under bus. He runs a no-nonsense program and won't put up with lack of effort. It leads me to question if CDR took this approach instead of his "we are almost there" approach would he still be the coach. Obviously substituted Miller's name for Rice below. I started to see the fire towards the end of his tenure but it was too late...his players didn't buy it.

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pasc...ampaign=most-popular-tabs-2&utm_medium=direct

"I’ve never been more down looking at a team I coached than what I just saw,” he said. “Leadership, effort, togetherness, playing for the win. And right now things are going to get worse before they get better and we gotta come to grips with probably two things. One: DAVE RICE is your coach and you’re going to play for me and number two is you’re going to play so hard you can’t breathe.

“And if you can’t give extraordinary effort for our basketball program, on this team, for this university, we’ll put four guys out there. It all starts with that. We started this a long time ago where effort was at the top of the pyramid for us and right now it’s not on the pyramid. When that drops everything else goes as well."

“We’re a collection right now of guys who are independent and thinking about a lot of things but certainly not thinking about what we’re doing or what I’m talking about," RICE said. "Tonight it wasn’t about playing for me. I was just over there. It was about just `Let me see if I can make a couple of shots. If it doesn’t work out, hopefully coach will leave me alone and move on.' ”

Reactions: attorneygeneral
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News