ADVERTISEMENT

Witchita St

Man...such bullshit calls at the end, 5th on Jordan and the blocking foul on Keshon.

Refs dictated the winner.

Keshia is becoming a favorite.

This team will be very good come conference time. Need to find that other offensive option versus just Bryce.

Man...such bullshit calls at the end, 5th on Jordan and the blocking foul on Keshon.

This team will be very good come conference time. Need to find that other offensive option versus just Bryce.
We'll have to win the conference tourney. This was our best chance to get a top 100 win OOC. There'll be no at large bid again this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrodius

If Bryce will drive and dish more often he'll find life a whole lot easier AND improve the team immensely. Otherwise teams will just continue keying on him because they know he's no threat to pass.

If Bryce will drive and dish more often he'll find life a whole lot easier AND improve the team immensely. Otherwise teams will just continue keying on him because they know he's no threat to pass.
team would be way better, Jordan was waving his arms in the corner a couple times tonight looking for a kick out. can't teach an old dog new tricks. he's a senior, is who he is.

Man they are fun to watch. C'mon man -Jordan is just down right entertaining as all hell. the kid is like Pistol Pete Maravich with that ball and my god he really is playing amazing defense too (that was the knock on why he didn't play at WV)... Running the team, just in complete control and his shot is MONEY. Williams is fun to watch....the whole team. I really like this years squad and coaching style. tough loss. I dont want to complain about the refs but OMG they were bad. They will be better for going thru another tough game. Can't wait for the next game !!

I did not know McCabe was this good...
He was the No. 1 point at West Va. for a time. Huggins kept giving him less and less of a role because he wasn't scoring. Couldn't hit shots. If he was scoring there like he is here he'd be the West. Va. point right now.

We'll have to win the conference tourney. This was our best chance to get a top 100 win OOC. There'll be no at large bid gain this year.
5 games into the season...LMAO. Maybe we will beat UCLA? Ya never know. First year coach- like his first year ever as a head coach -10 new players. Maybe you have the bar set a little high for expectations, we were picked to finish 7th in conference. we are doing great. great foundation starting off basically an entire new staff and roster who never played together...we are 5 games in. Have fun - bro I'd be happy to see us just get to the NIT. "ANY" Post season play in general would be a nice stepping stone. It's almost been a decade (9 seasons ago) since we last danced or played in any post season tourney.

5 games into the season...LMAO. Maybe we will beat UCLA? Ya never know. First year coach- like his first year ever as a head coach -10 new players. Maybe you have the bar set a little high for expectations, we were picked to finish 7th in conference. we are doing great. great foundation starting off basically an entire new staff and roster who never played together...we are 5 games in. Have fun - bro I'd be happy to see us just get to the NIT. "ANY" Post season play in general would be a nice stepping stone. It's almost been a decade (9 seasons ago) since we last danced or played in any post season tourney.
First, just because I can face facts doesn't mean I'm unhappy with the team. I love this team. And I always have expectations until they're dashed.

Non P5 teams make their mark in the first 45 days of the season. They need OOC signature wins. For MWC teams OOC games are extremely important because we don't get chances for signature wins in the conference. If it's going to get done it has to be OOC. Nobody likes it but that doesn't make it wrong. CSU, Boise, Utah State, SDSU and Wyoming ALL have one or more wins against top 100 teams and we don't.

That was our best bet for a top 100 OOC win. We may beat UCLA, but that doesn't mean this wasn't our best chance. We may neat SMU or San Fran but they are away and we'll be a healthy dog in each game.

And as far as a foundation goes, this team wasn't designed for the future. This team is full of upperclassmen. It's designed to win this year.

As for the NIT, that tourney gives autobids to each team that won it's conference but didn't win the conference tourney therefore not making the NCAA. ( About 10-of the 32 teams) The MWC gets the NCAA autobid for the it's tourney champ and the conference champ usually gets a bid to the NCAA even if they lose the tourney. So the NIT has to dip down to the third place team. Other conferences usually get those bids before they go to the MWC. Plus, our attendance sucks and potential attendance has meaning for the NIT.

Last edited:
I am so bummed that we only get this year with Jordan McCabe. He looks real deal to me..

On the opposite side, im so happy to see keshon Gilbert looking the part as a true freshman. Best defender on the team probably.

Reactions: Runnin-J
Losing McCabe and Hamm will hurt, but I really like the type of players Coach Krugs is bringing in, I'm starting to believe more and more that he just might end up being a clone of his Pops. I know it's probably too early to say that, but there's hope in Rebelville at least.
Pretty sure McCabe has another year if he wants it.

Ahhh I didnt realize mccabe had the extra year.

Definitely trusting in CKK and co at this point from a recruiting and a coaching POV. Been since his pops that I've felt good on both sides... and since CDR that I've felt good in either regard.

Reactions: 76RunninRebel
We'll have to win the conference tourney. This was our best chance to get a top 100 win OOC. There'll be no at large bid again this year.

Idk. If the MWC continues taking care of business OOC we'll have a decent argument for having 3 teams in the NCAAs. We finish in the top 3 and do well in the conference tournament and who knows? But as mentioned earlier, I'd be happy with an NIT invite.

McCabe has another year, if I’m not mistaken..
One year at WV he was hurt, so he could have medical redshirt, but that was maybe last year (doesn't count). He had a back injury and you can see why. He does take the charges.

One year at WV he was hurt, so he could have medical redshirt, but that was maybe last year (doesn't count). He had a back injury and you can see why. He does take the charges.
Covid gives him one more year after this one

Reactions: Trax0r
Idk. If the MWC continues taking care of business OOC we'll have a decent argument for having 3 teams in the NCAAs. We finish in the top 3 and do well in the conference tournament and who knows? But as mentioned earlier, I'd be happy with an NIT invite.
This is a good point. The trouble is everybody knock's each other off and hurts each other.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT