ADVERTISEMENT

Witchita Game Thread

Good adjustments, played hard, just came up short in a very tough spot against a good team.

Of course I am disappointed we didn't get the win, but after the first half we had an opportunity to get blown out. Instead we fought back and even had a legitimate chance to win the game.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
We loss the game because WS did more little things to win - they had 9 TOs to our 19, they had 14 offensive rebounds to our 9, and it's a huge missed opportunity when WS goes an unbelievable 3-18 from 3pt land and still wins.

You can't have mistakes against good coached teams and we had plenty. Just another disappointing loss; used to it by now. Thought we lost right from the start.

Just frustrating. This team had a chance to have a good run and they didn't seize the day.

Last edited:
Certainly wanted a win, but our guys hung in there well, and came back from way down to bring it to 2. The officiating at the end was a classic example of why home teams fare so ridiculously well in college basketball.

Defense was great by both teams and that went a long way to explain the shooting.

In every game ever played you can give a reason why one team or another lost. Of course there are reasons. In the end, they are a good, well coached team, at home in front of a big crowd in a must win game. It would have been a tall order for most teams to win that game.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Was a mwc ref making the bad calls against us to.

Dear god...no wonder. Conference play is going to be all kinds of b.s., again.

I was very encouraged by the way the team fought back and hung in there but there's no minimizing how horrid that 1st half was for us.

played a tough team at home, defense played great offense not so much(Ike buddy wtf) ,, Morgan played a bit like the old Morgan and had some bad calls ,, the more I watch the rebels the more I think we need to get the ball down low more to our big guys , but I don't coach so.. Hope they Learn some things from this loss we had a chance to win as poor as we played

We need to find somebody with balls to lead us to victory in games like this. Someone to be a monster on Defense; Drive to the hole with authority and tell there bench this is my house!!! This is my house!!!! MEAN AND AGGRESSIVE. Another game sliped through our fingers. So close to gaining respect; its that extra effort, attitude,smart decision making and playing like this team can't beat you.

I'm just waiting on that jump. One day it will click and I hope it's before I croak.

Last edited:
I don't feel nearly as bad about this loss as I felt about losses in previous years. I'm actually encouraged. In the past some losses have been so bad that I felt like giving up on the season.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
We haven't had anyone with balls like that since Tre'Von and in the end his bite couldn't match his bark.

Not really because we won't be playing in a hostile road environment like the one we saw tonight.

And there's a good chance we won't face a point guard as good as Van Fleet. That guy was the real deal. Great floor leader who can flat out play(but we held him to 3 points in the 2nd so that's another positive to take away from this game).

We need to find somebody with balls to lead us to victory in games like this. Someone to be a monster on Defense; Drive to the hole with authority and tell there bench this is my house!!! This is my house!!!! MEAN AND AGGRESSIVE. another game sliped through our fingers a long with respect.

Does anyone care?It just sucks a little more each time

I really, really, really wish we still had Savon Goodman because he is exactly that kind of guy.

You couldn't get the feel for the level of crowd noise because ESPN was to cheap to actually send a crew but rather broadcast from Bristol. Jon Sandler said that it was one of the most intimidating places he has ever called a game. With that said I think that they were probably effected by the first true away game and the crowd helped disrupt them. I sure as hell hope the Rebelion plans to show up strong for our game against Arizona St. The student section at Wichita came out in mass!!

Defense was great by both teams and that went a long way to explain the shooting.

In every game ever played you can give a reason why one team or another lost. Of course there are reasons. In the end, they are a good, well coached team, at home in front of a big crowd in a must win game. It would have been a tall order for most teams to win that game.
Arguably the worst post ever. How can you insinuate that the other team has anything to do with the outcome of a game?

Obviously you know nothing about basketball or sports in general. If you did, you would know....

1) When we score its a great shot.
2) When they score its terrible defense by us.
3) When we miss a shot its a stupid shot by our guy.
4) When they miss shots its great defense by us.

How do you not know this.?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT