ADVERTISEMENT

Win total predictions

How many wins do the Rebels get this season?

• 15 or less

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • 16-19

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • 20-23

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • 24 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bump
How’d the season go compared to your expectations? I just need the Rebels to win the MWCT and then they’ll hit my preseason estimate of 20 wins.

Most votes went to the 16-19 win total and that is looking pretty good right now. The Rebels did show improvement in their conference record this year but that is partially due to the conference being overall worse this season.

Most votes went to the 16-19 win total and that is looking pretty good right now. The Rebels did show improvement in their conference record this year but that is partially due to the conference being overall worse this season.

CDR would have found a way to lose half of those games against bottom feeders.

CDR would have found a way to lose half of those games against bottom feeders.
And beat the top teams. He also wouldn’t have bothered with the OOC we have the gall to roll out there now (Menzies’ has been 200 and 330). And we’d have gotten some good wins there.

And we’d be playing before 8-10K instead of 2K.

Menzies tries to win “20”, doesn’t care how we get there. It sucks to have your NCAAT bubble burst in June when the OOC is finalized.

Rice scheduled for the NCAAT and seeding. It sucked to have that bubble pop during MWC play, but it at least kept people interested and engaged until then, and then frustration mounted. But that sure as hell beats the hell out of no-life apathy.

At least try....

Reactions: UNLVINMD
Beat the top teams half the time, and that rarely (or never) included SDSU. And man it was cringe-worthy to hear the chorus of boos from the 8-10K that were at the games back then.

Can't argue any of these points you make. I predict MM gets another year.

Beat the top teams half the time, and that rarely (or never) included SDSU. And man it was cringe-worthy to hear the chorus of boos from the 8-10K that were at the games back then.

Can't argue any of these points you make. I predict MM gets another year.
Imagine the boos right now if those 8K extra that decided they aren’t even worth booing at showed up.

We did sweep a good SDSU once, I think. Lost a few close ones that went down to the buzzer too. That sucked.

But it’s better than game over at the 10 minute mark and fight like hell until the end with our starters to chop down that 25 point lead against the opponent bench to 17.

I don’t think he should get another year, attendance isn’t going to be better and they’ll keep hemorrhaging at the gate, but if he is here, I suspect they’d play a couple more road games to defray from the loss of revenue at home (it’s significant and home crowds have been very hurtful to the self esteem of the school) - and playing on the road means a payday instead of a loss. Play good teams, it’s more money, but this guy doesn’t play good teams (here or at NMSU), so it’s probably roadies for 20k at SUU, Barstow, Dixie, and CCSN.

I don’t think he should, I don’t think he will either, but this is UNLV, they excel at very poor decisions so that makes me think he has a fighting chance.

Remember ... 20 ... it’s absolutely critical to UNLV. Play a 250+ OOC .... beat those impossible not to sweep bottom three or four 10-15 games below .500 teams in the MWC, grab a host of those Alabama A&M’s and Hucklebee State’s, try not to slip up against juggernauts like LMU.... and get that 20. And call the season successful and progress.

It works. On our more ignorant fans.

MJ - look to your left. Look to your right. Look in front of you. Look behind you. You see that vast sea of empty red seats? They’ve spoken much louder than the remaining fans.

Reactions: MauiRebel
Makes Joe Hawk look like a contestant on the Bachelorette.

As for the deeper topic, believe me, my mindset is not that of the optimist, its that of the pessimist. Its that the University essentially makes the "safe" play and stays with MM instead of rolling the dice (or making the investment) to turn the program around. Ironically, and where I'm sure you would take the conversation to, is that its anything but a safe play. If you dont turn the program around, you don't attract fans.

Makes Joe Hawk look like a contestant on the Bachelorette.

As for the deeper topic, believe me, my mindset is not that of the optimist, its that of the pessimist. Its that the University essentially makes the "safe" play and stays with MM instead of rolling the dice (or making the investment) to turn the program around. Ironically, and where I'm sure you would take the conversation to, is that its anything but a safe play. If you dont turn the program around, you don't attract fans.
I could understand that prediction. UNLV screws up more times than they get it right so thinking they’ll get it wrong, not a leap.

I wonder what MM supporters will really think if he gets another year. They had their arguments tee’d up at a firing. They could never be proven wrong. Now....they have to live with another year of MM. Going to put to the test the argument that he’s the right guy who wasn’t given enough time. Watch out! Sometimes you get what you pretend to be asking for.

What’s the over/under on us being a top 150 program next year? Would even MM’s supporters take the under?

I wonder what MM supporters will really think if he gets another year. They had their arguments tee’d up at a firing. They could never be proven wrong. Now....they have to live with another year of MM. Going to put to the test the argument that he’s the right guy who wasn’t given enough time. Watch out! Sometimes you get what you pretend to be asking for.

What’s the over/under on us being a top 150 program next year? Would even MM’s supporters take the under?
The thing is, with all the intense smoke right now, it’s everywhere. It’s hard to overcome. It becomes the major barrier. Next season’s attendance is based upon this season’s plus recruiting class. That could be said for every season. This season certainly did not wow any fans that aren’t attending ... and it may have wowed some in attendance but not many. And the recruiting class is negligible. So it’s fair to expect similar attendance, an even more disgruntled segment waiting for failure. It becomes very difficult to survive and can make for a complete waste of another season.

Reactions: MauiRebel
You know, I re-upped my football tickets about a week and a half ago? USUALLY the basketball tickets accompany the football for renewals. I think I reupped basketball by this time last year.

Why the wait by RAF to send out the ticket renewals.

I've completed no less than two separate surveys about the UNLV basketball experience also. They know what the fans want. Why the wait?

It was probably worse than expected. Some of the early season losses were inexcusable. Going 0-6 against the top 4 teams in the MW was surprising. . . sort of. I would have expected they would get one of the home games. Fresno, SDSU and Nevada all had bad road losses, but still were able to beat unlv in vegas. Nevada lost at New Mexico by 27, yet had no problem winning in Vegas.

I guess on one hand you have to give Menzies for beating the teams in conference he was supposed to beat. 11-1 against the bottom would actually be impressive if he was able to have any success against the top of the conference. Going 3-3 against the top would have put unlv as a 20 win 14-4 team. A good coach gets his team to avoid letdowns, but a good coach also gets his team ready for the big games. Menzies avoided the letdowns in conference (although barely), but wasn't competitive when he needed to be.

Reactions: j. spilotro
You know, I re-upped my football tickets about a week and a half ago? USUALLY the basketball tickets accompany the football for renewals. I think I reupped basketball by this time last year.

Why the wait by RAF to send out the ticket renewals.

I've completed no less than two separate surveys about the UNLV basketball experience also. They know what the fans want. Why the wait?
To jack up prices when a new coach is announced :)

You bring in the right coach and I'll sell RebelLuv, RebelScrub and Bookworm for season tickets.