ADVERTISEMENT

Why do they do this?

saulpaul21

UNLV Hall of Fame
Apr 18, 2006
Why does Unlv run screen and roll with McCabe so often as he is too small to get a decent shot off? I checked and it is now over a month since he hit double figures in a game. His shooting percentage is terrible and actually getting worse.

As teams double Hamilton, why is not Webster on the floor like almost always as he is by far the best outside threat on the team?

Yeah, McGabe is a really bad shooter. It’s not like the shots are in and out, they are to the left and right and all over the place.

He’s got excellent passing skills but his woeful shooting makes him a huge liability.

You can tell by his body language that he’s not comfortable with his own shooting. Its in his head.

And his defense is matador D. If I were the opposing coach. I iso him and go at him all day.

He’s a great team player though. He has an assist or 2 that are prime time..

I was hoping for more with him but we need a better option for our starting PG!

Loved Mark Wade. If he had even a halfway decent shot that team would have run the table in 86-87.

Reactions: rebelfan1969
McCabe wasn't brought on this team to score. He was brought on to handle the ball , get assists and break a press. He is 6th in the country for assist to turnover ratio.

Baker, Nuga, Webster were recruited to shoot and score. None of them are anywhere near accomplishing their purpose.

Nuga 3 pt. % 35.5 FG % 38
Baker 3 pt. % 26.4 FG % 36
Webster 3 pt. % 32.9 FG % 42.5

McCabe 3 pt. % 32.3 FG % 33.8

No doubt, he doesn't shoot like the "shooters" but he's not that far off.

We are a terrible shooting/scoring team. The bottom 250 for field goal percentage and the bottom 150 for 3 Pt % and Points scored. That's not McCabe's fault. In fact, with his assist to turnover ratio, if the other players on the team were living up to their responsibilities we'd most likely be in the top three of our league rather than 5th.

We can and should be able to do better than McCabe and the guys being recruited in Pop and Uzan would have been instant upgrades from McCabe! I didn’t blame him for anything so miss me with that! We need a better PG to become a better team.

We can and should be able to do better than McCabe and the guys being recruited in Pop and Uzan would have been instant upgrades from McCabe! I didn’t blame him for anything so miss me with that! We need a better PG to become a better team.
I think he's been solid for us. Certainly better than many of our point guards over the years in actually running the team. Imagine if he had an Armen Gilliam to dump down low to? 8-10 assists a game easy!

I think he's been solid for us. Certainly better than many of our point guards over the years in actually running the team. Imagine if he had an Armen Gilliam to dump down low to? 8-10 assists a game easy!
Or LJ

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT