ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the future?

Injuries and mental health problems. His stats won’t jump out to you but he’s a former McDonald’s all American. Imo he’s worth a shot, hopefully he has a good relationship with LuRod.
Again, you are a very smart man. His relationship with LuRod is great and their lockers were next to each other. Stats dont jump off the screen but he has game. He would make a huge difference in this conference and he is a dog. Never backs down and is someone that can get the team going in all phases.

If we get him I’m not sure I love the idea of having two small guys between him and Jackie.

Glimpsed some of his highlights. Dude is fearless! Getting him would be a coup, if he's 100% that is.

Reactions: lobbybuu
Is he the last point available?
Probably not. I haven't heard anything regarding Allen or Davis since last week so I'm not 100% sure on what the thinking is with them. As of tonight though, dedan and Ruffin are the two that we are zeroing in on.

The thing with recruiting and especially the portal is it changes daily. Todays story may not be tomorrows.

Probably not. I haven't heard anything regarding Allen or Davis since last week so I'm not 100% sure on what the thinking is with them. As of tonight though, dedan and Ruffin are the two that we are zeroing in on.

The thing with recruiting and especially the portal is it changes daily. Todays story may not be tomorrows.
If there is a choice between Drake Allen and Daeshun Ruffin I think Allen is the way to go. Allen beats Ruffin on every stat - especially shooting ( FG% and 3 PT.%), with the exception of Assist to Turnover ratio - and that is very close.

Ruffins 25% 3 pt. average ( over two years ) would be my top concern. That's bad enough that guards could play off him and let him shoot. Almost encourage him to shoot. Even JJ's shooting is much better than Ruffin.

Plus his height is a huge disadvantage. He'll be shooting over some players that are a foot taller. Some PG's can get away with being too short - but everything else about their game needs to be superior and Ruffin seems to have some pretty obvious flaws.

If there is a choice between Drake Allen and Daeshun Ruffin I think Allen is the way to go. Allen beats Ruffin on every stat - especially shooting ( FG% and 3 PT.%), with the exception of Assist to Turnover ratio - and that is very close.

Ruffins 25% 3 pt. average ( over two years ) would be my top concern. That's bad enough that guards could play off him and let him shoot. Almost encourage him to shoot. Even JJ's shooting is much better than Ruffin.

Plus his height is a huge disadvantage. He'll be shooting over some players that are a foot taller. Some PG's can get away with being too short - but everything else about their game needs to be superior and Ruffin seems to have some pretty obvious flaws.
I prefer Allen as well but height can be overcome. Ask Kansas State how they feel about their PG from this year’s tournament team!

Not sure if Joe's comment is correct or not, but just looking at the portal players, and going to the Big 12 Centers still available (not committed), there are only 4 remaining, and if the Cisse ship has sailed, then only 3 others. If Boone is already coming here, then that only leaves 2 other listed centers from the Big 12.

Baylor: Zach Lovelady
TCU: Doumbia

Removed players as noted above
Okie St: Cisse
Okie St: Boone (they have him listed as C, not PF)
Doumbia off the board now!

Reactions: LVRebel2000

Tough choice here,but leaning toward your points on why Allen would be better PG for us. Ruffin did play against tougher competition. I guess it will come down to who wants to play here the most if it comes down to these two

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Everyone makes great points. Pros and cons for each, but my order would be Dedan > Ruffin > Allen. Ruffin over Allen for me because he's battle tested and played tougher comp and I like how he has that dog in him. I havent seen that in Allen's film.

With that being said, whoever wants to come here, please do!

Rebel fans waiting for the announcements on Twitter
Waiting Patiently GIF by Justin

ACL injury in 2022 and had a lot of family stuff in 2023. He is good to go now.
I love this kid. Knee should be good to go by now. I always wonder how these southern boys would adjust in Vegas ? They ask me : " Is UNLV a good School "? I honestly don't know how to answer that.. I tell them "It used to be - it can be"?? --- Ultimately Kevin is fair and his family has a reputation that goes back decades and decades in the college basketball world - it matters - Its all about relationships. Kids aren't signing up with UNLV because of our storied history (they dont even know about it ) --- Its about relationships (reputation that gets you through the door -circles) and opportunity. All about fit and feel.

True! But my question was who? If you have some potential names feel free to share, no need to state the obvious!
Ok besides Dedan, Ruffin Drake, Davis who is not s point guard. Have there been any mention of Javon Small, or Primo Spears. Both averaged over 5 assists a game and can both score. Primo has not been on good teams his first year he was teammate with JJJ. I have not seen highlight vids of these two but like their stats and experience

Reactions: rebel5280
Ok besides Dedan, Ruffin Drake, Davis who is not s point guard. Have there been any mention of Javon Small, or Primo Spears. Both averaged over 5 assists a game and can both score. Primo has not been on good teams his first year he was teammate with JJJ. I have not seen highlight vids of these two but like their stats and experience
No chance we get either sadly

• Sad
Reactions: Rebelhustle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT