ADVERTISEMENT

Went to an Aces game for the first tome..

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
Aces were up and decided to leave early just like a unlv game to ditch the traffic.

UNLV is a freakin’ mosoleum compared to an Aces game.

It’s very family oriented. Was told by my cousin to lower my filter.

Even though there’s a ton of dikes, the basketball was “good”. Tons of family bringing their little kids.

The big lady for the Liberty was impaling Aces left and right with some killer picks.

UNLV needs to get their crap in order. We are NOT the best entertainment in Las Vegas.

We’re like a frog who is being boiled and it’s been bad since Rice got shit canned.

Aces have the exact same halftime entertainment as UNLV basketball.

I went to loads of games last year. Really like them. I can afford that and I can’t afford hockey.

Reactions: RebelScrub
The $10 seats upstairs are great. Lots of families. Games are fast-paced, and actually like a team game.
Aces are wearing down. Hope the all-star break helps.

Aces were up and decided to leave early just like a unlv game to ditch the traffic.

UNLV is a freakin’ mosoleum compared to an Aces game.

It’s very family oriented. Was told by my cousin to lower my filter.

Even though there’s a ton of dikes, the basketball was “good”. Tons of family bringing their little kids.

The big lady for the Liberty was impaling Aces left and right with some killer picks.

UNLV needs to get their crap in order. We are NOT the best entertainment in Las Vegas.

We’re like a frog who is being boiled and it’s been bad since Rice got shit canned.

Aces have the exact same halftime entertainment as UNLV basketball.
I feel bad for Kevin. He’s the first coach in the past few years that I think has a chance. But everything is working against the program right now. It’s running on fumes. Even with marginal success, it seems like it would be waaaaay in the back. Too much momentum lost. Kruger built some, Rice built upon that momentum and then started to fade, Menzies was on the fast track to insignificance and then we had a low effort, looking to move on stopgap that didn’t work. And here we are.

I feel bad for Kevin. He’s the first coach in the past few years that I think has a chance. But everything is working against the program right now. It’s running on fumes. Even with marginal success, it seems like it would be waaaaay in the back. Too much momentum lost. Kruger built some, Rice built upon that momentum and then started to fade, Menzies was on the fast track to insignificance and then we had a low effort, looking to move on stopgap that didn’t work. And here we are.
It’s kinda weird and even though I was trolling UNLV to hire Becky Hammon, the Aces ended up with her.

Kevin’s got a lot on his plate. Too many sports teams here to compete with IMO.

Once that expansion NBA team comes, it’s over.

It’s kinda weird and even though I was trolling UNLV to hire Becky Hammon, the Aces ended up with her.

Kevin’s got a lot on his plate. Too many sports teams here to compete with IMO.

Once that expansion NBA team comes, it’s over.
Nah. We just have to win the games we're supposed to win and play hard and well against the teams we're supposed to lose to. Not everyone can afford the pro teams ticket prices. You can talk up the Aces but if the hometown college team gets it's shit together our attendence would exceeed 8,000 a game easy, I think. Not Tark era attendence levels but respectable and not embarrassing like the past 6 years. Plenty of dormant Rebel fans just waiting for an excuse to recapture just a taste of the past. It won't be overnight though unless CKK somehow gets us to a Sweet 16.

The Las Vegas metro area is closing in on 3 million people, and most of them are not willing to pony up the type of money required for a pro-franchise located in Las Vegas (Las Vegas prices are always going to be well above average). Expect the prices for parking and concessions to be far higher for pro-teams than for UNLV sports.

The Raiders bottom season ticket prices are $650 plus the PSL cost (parking is much more expensive) in comparison to bottom level UNLV football tickets for $150. The price for a single game ticket for the Raiders will start in the hundreds!

The NBA secondary market is around $100 for a single game and season tickets start at around $1,200 (expect higher prices if a team is located in Las Vegas). The Aces prices start at $180 for season tickets (more games than a UNLV season. This is OK if you are interested, but I do not expect the best players in the WNBA would be completive with the players on the UNLV team) You can buy a season ticket for UNLV for as low as $95. The one area UNLV could improve would be to lower their single game ticket prices. I know that last year UNLV had the bottom prices for most of the games at around $20, and expect it has dropped a little with the new pricing.

The bottom end season tickets for the NHL Golden Knights are around $3,000 and a single game will most likely cost around $100 and up.

While I understand UNLV has done everything they can to shoot themselves in the foot over the last few decades, I see a lot of room for UNLV football and basketball to bring back a lot of old fans and new fans with pricing that tends to be far below that of the pro-sports teams (the one good thing they have done is to adjust their prices after a couple of decades of stupidity in basketball).

If I am going to attend a sporting event, I am much more likely to spend a few hundred per season ticket for basketball or football then the thousands that I would need to put out for a pro-team, and I think the majority of people that are potential sports fans in Las Vegas would think the same way.

The bottom line is that both UNLV basketball and football now must put out a product that is fun to watch and wins games, otherwise they will continue to struggle!

The men’s basketball team “SHOULD” destroy a WNBA team physically.

the problem is that the WNBA uses a smaller ball. Shooting a women’s basketball vs a regular basketball, both would struggle using the other ball.

the guys would blow out the women easily.

Skillwise, the women’s team is much better. I saw some really good basketball being played.

I’ll tell you what, Kelsey Plum is Dantley Walker level in the WNBA.

She had a wide open 3 and missed to the right about 3 feet. It was the worst air ball I ever saw with my eyes.

She was good in college but in the pros? Not so much.

Alright..bump, not rioting but hey Becky Hammon is a Goddess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT