ADVERTISEMENT

Watching

NSU67

Retired Number
Jan 9, 2011
To begin, this is not a thread about the mistakes if the last 40 years. It is not about Covid, politics, attendance, or the AD position.
It is NOT to predict a final four, dance invitation, or even a winning season. But, I actually am enjoying this team.
Every team has flaws. This one has plenty. But, they have some things to like.
First, they work very hard. I am hearing that about practices, (when they can have them)and, they certainly put out during the games.
Second, they play defense. Yes, there are occasional break downs. But, again, effort is there. They are the best team
for switch-and-recover at UNLV in years. Positioning is excellent.
Third, while they are like most teams today with too much individual play, they share the bal, more than recent Revel teams, too. They even have Hamilton doing the dish part of drive-and-dish. Not always, but much more than ever before. They even have us sometimes upset about the needless extra pass.
Fourth a few of the players, like Gilbert and Williams, for example, may be budding stars
Also, the players actually like each other.

They may end up 9-22. There have been plenty of posts about their weaknesses. Most critiques are well founded.
I can't change the events of 40 years. True as they may be.
But. I am enjoying being one of the 1,500 folks at the games. I want improvement. I want 1990 again. I am not satisfied.
But for now, I will be there. Maybe sing a few bars of Kumbaya.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News