ADVERTISEMENT

Very OT: Elon Musk

I’m not either. Some things I like. That he believes in freedom of speech is great (hard to believe that’s a thing in the USA, free speech and censorship).

But I remain skeptical of those with so much power and money (see Gates).
Night and day difference. Gates wants to impose his will on u. Musk want u to have your own.

Night and day difference. Gates wants to impose his will on u. Musk want u to have your own.
There's huge differences between the two. I just don't trust elite money and elite power. They don't have to have similar ideals. My default is ulterior motive with everything until I see evidence of otherwise.

I like a lot of what Musk says, does. But I still don't trust him.

I saw him taking the Israel tour of that Shabbat town that got taken over.

I guess those guys were trying to get an endorsement from him..

I saw him taking the Israel tour of that Shabbat town that got taken over.

I guess those guys were trying to get an endorsement from him..
I don't know what he did to include himself if the Israel/Gaza stuff (except for just reading what you said about him visiting Israel) so forgive me for having no clue why those companies are pulling their ads from his platform.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I agree with the two of you - "Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

I definitely don't trust Gates and, while I respect his conviction and cajónes, I'm still in 'wait-and-see' mode with Musk. Surface, I want to believe in him. Time will tell if he earns and maintains any trust.
If it weren’t that he held free speech in such high regard and he actually reduced some of the massive censorship on twitter, I wouldn’t like him.

If that censorship had never existed, the natural flow of the pandemic and outcomes would have been far different/better. That I’m sure of. Many sane and logical scientists who followed sound epidemiological and viral principles were silenced and vilified while those that made it up as they went along, frequently the changing course to suit their purpose of the moment were championed. A lot of lost lives, livelihoods, families, children and sanity were lost to all of that.

That they’ve finally been allowed to flow through is too little, too late, too much damage was done … hopefully accountability follows but I’m not holding my breath. And when the next big thing hits, the same panicking doomsayers will blindly follow, but open platforms at least can offer alternate points of view.

Censorship is a terrrible, terrible thing. And it was allowed in the United States of all places. Not really that surprised, you could see a change in some less stable people over the years. In tinier arenas, but it existed. Can’t tell you how many times I was asked to censor people here. Boggles my mind how a nazi mindset can contaminate weak minds so easily.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT