ADVERTISEMENT

UNR v. UNLV

unlove

Rebel Legend
Feb 24, 2004
With a big, unexpected win against CSU I’m hoping folks come out and support the team against UNR. Tuesday night so not expecting too much of a crowd but a showing that’s a little better than it’s been most of this year would be nice.
I like our chances against UNR especially if DW suits up. Team needs to carry over the CSU effort. BHam won’t put up another 40 but a solid team effort on offense and aggressive defense should be enough. Team hasn’t shot well at home most of the season so I expect this game to be close (within 10). Can’t stand Alford so just added reason to beat Reno.
UNR 62
UNLV 70

If anybody wants to take a peak at Reno, they are playing UtAh St in 10 minutes..

It’s a rivalry game. They know they are best in the state. I wonder what our team’s mindset is?

Traditionally, Reno gets more up for these games. Even when they have been winning.
First, they are more football oriented, second they have penis-envy of Southern Nevada.

Believe it or not, at one time, Las Vegas was seeking to end the football games, since UNLV kept winning. An RJ writer named Royce Feour wrote a column about it. It pissed Reno off. They won the next five I think.
Of course in hoops, there was Tark...

We are upset down here, but Reno is on a mission. It is Reno, after all.

Against Utah State they had three, 5 minute droughts where they scored a total of 5 points. 5 points in @15 minutes of BB. WE can only hope.

Last edited:
Against Utah State they had three, 5 minute droughts where they scored a total of 5 point. 5 points in @15 minutes of BB. WE can only hope.
CKK should have his team prepared to bring lock-down defense on UNR.

I think we can win but depends which UNLV tea shows up. We play with the effort we did against csu then we win, we play with the lack of effort like we did against AF we come out on the wrong end. Just don't know how to guess at these games since we have no idea which team will show up.

Hamilton won't need 40 but he will need to have a very nice game. We need to rebound as if our lives depended on it. Williams needs to be back. Our bench needs to show up. Do all these things and we win.

Hamilton won't need 40 but he will need to have a very nice game. We need to rebound as if our lives depended on it. Williams needs to be back. Our bench needs to show up. Do all these things and we win.
They are going to pound it inside. They have 2 7 footers and we have nobody that can match up for 40 minutes. If we get into foul trouble it might be a long night. Depends on how they call the game. I would think we will be a 6 point underdog.

KenPom shows us a 5 point favorite. Who knows what the books come up with. The CSU win drove us up 20 spots on KenPom and their blowout lowered Reno.

KenPom shows us a 5 point favorite. Who knows what the books come up with. The CSU win drove us up 20 spots on KenPom and their blowout lowered Reno.
I just saw that. I dont know. I know UNR has more talent then thier record shows. Maybe Alford lost his team? Not a good fit there i guess. I dont care i will be there and i hope we win by 50.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
They are going to pound it inside. They have 2 7 footers and we have nobody that can match up for 40 minutes. If we get into foul trouble it might be a long night. Depends on how they call the game. I would think we will be a 6 point underdog.
They’re awful though. Being 7 foot doesn’t make you a great team.

I can’t see UNLV being a dog

They’re awful though. Being 7 foot doesn’t make you a great team.

I can’t see UNLV being a dog
I get that, but it's harder to guard when you don't have bigs to match up. Both on the floor on the same time will be a handful. Need team effort.

Remember, to UNR a game against UNLV is practically a Final Four game. It's their Endgame.

Remember, to UNR a game against UNLV is practically a Final Four game. It's their Endgame.
Not sure that’s true anymore. They’ve more than held their own against us and have more tournament appearances than us over the last 5 years at least. I don’t think anyone views UNLV in that light anymore, other than those of us who still view us through the lens of the Tark years (guilty).

Unfortunately, I think a lot of that luster is gone. But I think it’s greatly diminished with UNM, Wyoming and SDSU too. I miss that.

During Bayno and Spoon years, fans were sooooo engaged, jaw jacking back and forth, good natured banter, it fuel the matchups. They remained with Kruger but shifted a bit, add BYU.

I really miss those highly anticipated games, hell, you watched other MWC matchups because of it.

Just doesn’t ring true today.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
Unfortunately, I think a lot of that luster is gone. But I think it’s greatly diminished with UNM, Wyoming and SDSU too. I miss that.

During Bayno and Spoon years, fans were sooooo engaged, jaw jacking back and forth, good natured banter, it fuel the matchups. They remained with Kruger but shifted a bit, add BYU.

I really miss those highly anticipated games, hell, you watched other MWC matchups because of it.

Just doesn’t ring true today.
alot of doom and gloom around here lately! not that i blame you

i really think SDSU and BSU are the only two programs that have really not dropped off. BSU was never a big player in basketball, but are currently undefeated in the conference, and SDSU with the exception of this year is typically flirting with the top 25. Both of those programs are also consistently flirting with the top 25 in football!

Frustrating thing is we have a big that's been in a sling since around 2018. He would've been a good body to have and not just in this game.

• Haha
Reactions: bcvegaspt
i really think SDSU and BSU are the only two programs that have really not dropped off. BSU was never a big player in basketball, but are currently undefeated in the conference, and SDSU with the exception of this year is typically flirting with the top 25. Both of those programs are also consistently flirting with the top 25 in football!
I think it accordianed on the squeeze a bit. Top is still the top but records aside, the quality is more condensed.

Wyoming beat CSU in OT last night. That won't be the last loss for CSU.

Wyoming has also only lost one game in conference at BSU by 3. They are playing there next game at home against BSU with a chance to even the score. While they have found a way to win a bunch of the games in close scores, they are also 17-3 overall!

Wyoming has also only lost one game in conference at BSU by 3. They are playing there next game at home against BSU with a chance to even the score. While they have found a way to win a bunch of the games in close scores, they are also 17-3 overall!
Saw their game last night. Wyoming got lucky at end of regulation. Roddy missed his 2nd FT. They got a good coach.

I know there are a ton of Reno fans that live in Las Vegas. Will be interesting to see their crowd numbers

Game day against the trailer park from the north. Looking for CKK to set a new standard of bringing the whoop ass against UNR when they come to the Mack. No excuses, leave it all on the court, 40 minutes of whoop ass even if we get a large lead. Set the tone that there’s only one legit program in NV.

Would like to see Hamilton drop another 45.

Can he do it two games in a row?

Would be nice..

Maybe Alford has a nice gameplan to rattle Bryce, who knows.

they were missing two starters one of them being their best player in Shielfield. Plus another 7 foot starter. still had fun.

Reactions: MonsterJam
Announced crowd of 6670. I don't think it was that high but certainly triple a "RECENT" Tuesday crowd.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT