ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV vs UNR game thread

Really, it is a pathetic game....onto CSU. F(I*cking Reno need to rid of their coach.

Really, it is a pathetic game....onto CSU. F(I*cking Reno need to rid of their coach.
CSU QB is gonna be a lot different of a scout. Much truer pocket passing qb from the little I've seen. Stats wise, looks like a statue back there.... secondary didn't seem to be able to hold up its end of the bargain when there wasn't much pressure. Expecting Rebs to have creative blitz packages next week

You guys really like to Beat the f*ck out of the Reno team up like that every year? They are so ****ing pathetic...The TD they got feel like UNLV is giving it to them.
If you look at the TD play Reno got tonight, the Rebels have two defenders near by and sort of back off....

• Haha
Reactions: Rashanir and 220reb
Yeah our schedule is weak but it isn't the first weak schedule in UNLV football history. There are plenty of years with bad teams on the schedule that we managed to lose to anyway. Was it two D2 teams we lost to? They are beating the teams they should. Not saying they are very good but they are at least a decent team. And apparently on the way to a bowl game which is a rarity in our history. Not bad for a first year. Looking forward to our improvement in the coming seasons.

Doing what your supposed to do is not an excuse to dismiss the record... We're a historically bad program with a history of bad schedules that we should've dominated on paper... then we lose 9 games...

This team is different. It feels different, it acts different, it wins different... don't dismiss how quickly they switched the switch from losing to winning

Yep it is night and day on offense in particular. I am curious when was the last time we averaged 37 ppg?

Doing what your supposed to do is not an excuse to dismiss the record... We're a historically bad program with a history of bad schedules that we should've dominated on paper... then we lose 9 games...

This team is different. It feels different, it acts different, it wins different... don't dismiss how quickly they switched the switch from losing to winning

Agree with the sentiment but if you're historically bad how do square 'should have dominated on paper'? If you're awful like the Rebs have been, outside of FCS teams not sure who we should have dominated.

The answer is likely never this late in the season.

Maybe after Week 2 when Sanchez dropped 70+ on Idaho State?
Did a quick look and couldn’t find anything before 2018 so it is at least that long but I agree unless back in the day like when Sam King was QB probably never this late. In looking I also see our SOS is the worst it’s been in decades though last year was the second worst and we still managed to lose more than we won.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Did a quick look and couldn’t find anything before 2018 so it is at least that long but I agree unless back in the day like when Sam King was QB probably never this late. In looking I also see our SOS is the worst it’s been in decades though last year was the second worst and we still managed to lose more than we won.

Schedule is absolutely soft. No debating that, but let's be honest how many of the teams we've beat including Hawaii, UNR, Vandy probably looked at their schedule and chalked UNLV up as a win or possible win prior to season.

The good thing is these wins aren't nail biters. They aren't flukes in nature. Rebs are beating bad teams badly.

Schedule is absolutely soft. No debating that, but let's be honest how many of the teams we've beat including Hawaii, UNR, Vandy probably looked at their schedule and chalked UNLV up as a win or possible win prior to season.

The good thing is these wins aren't nail biters. They aren't flukes in nature. Rebs are beating bad teams badly.
Well, let's see if we can beat good teams "goodly".

Theres only 3 "good" teams left on the schedule... We dont need to beat them to prove anything but at worse, I think we can go 1-2 vs those 2... that puts us very possibly in the Championship game...

Two conferences losses definitely isn't a deal breaker.

I would not be surprised by Boise upsetting somebody (Sounds funnybsaying that). Or a 'top' team getting upset at a USU or CSU..

I cannot stand listening to these insufferable cucks commentating on their precious pups
Yea, how did THEY get to be broadcasted in Vegas?

They were very complimentary towards the end though.

“I won and lost and it friggin’ sucks”

Beating bad teams soundly, I do think that matters. And even in beating them soundly, it’s not like UNLV was close to a perfect game (you rarely are, but even then it’s hard to say we played “well” in any of our wins).

Beating bad teams soundly, I do think that matters. And even in beating them soundly, it’s not like UNLV was close to a perfect game (you rarely are, but even then it’s hard to say we played “well” in any of our wins).

We've played some dominant halves or quarters.

CLICHE INCOMING!

But not a whole 60 minutes..

Reactions: LVRebel2000

That and how many of these games would we have lost in years past? Several. This team (especially this coach) “feels” different than it has in a long time.

We've played some dominant halves or quarters.

CLICHE INCOMING!

But not a whole 60 minutes..
After Maiava took in the Vanderbilt game, how many games did UNLV need to play solid for 60 minutes? If they play the entire 60 minutes at their best what will scores be? You would have a four pissed off opponents thus far. We got UTEP fans begging for sympathy after the game as is. Just softly spanked them and move forward to the next game.

After Maiava took in the Vanderbilt game, how many games did UNLV need to play solid for 60 minutes? If they play the entire 60 minutes at their best what will scores be? You would have a four pissed off opponents thus far. We got UTEP fans begging for sympathy after the game as is. Just softly spanked them and move forward to the next game.

I'm just repeating what Odom said on his show..

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Long trip from Las Vegas, but my oldest son lives in Colorado Springs.
My bad. I thought it was you who had said they lived in the Denver suburbs. Now I got to go back and find the thread who said that. Now I remember it is Rebel5280. I'll check with him later.

I don't live in Colorado Springs but it's not that far of a drive for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT