ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV so close but so far away...

Markwade

NBA Draft Pick
Mar 2, 2004
If Chris had said right after the season he was leaving I would not have blinked an eye. Vaughn's decision really bothered me. Then Chris played this out and the expectation grew about maybe coming back. Today, when it looked like Chris would stay I started imagining what this team could really do next year. Three hours later shot to hell.

It seems that UNLV is cursed. Way back to the off season when Lamar Odom was going to be a Rebel. What a great class. What a great team we would have. Never materialized. Over the last 25 years it always has been something to keep what could have been a dream. Injuries to Wink, Moser, and Willis or late defections from promising young players. Khem last year and Rashad and Chris this year all in shaky position for the NBA. Just one break. Please just one break. We recruit like crazy but it never matters because the good players never seem to play together. If we get NWG we all know that Zimm will be gone. One step forward and two steps back. (I know it is not this bad for next year but damn we were really close to something really good).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News