UNLV Lady Rebels Roster/Recruiting

WYNN or Dye

NBA Draft Pick
Mar 29, 2010
Here's the 2023/24 Lady Rebels Roster.

Starting 5
PG 5' 7" JR Kiara Jackson 7.8 PPG, 2.3 APG
SG 5' 7" JR Alyssa Durazo-Frescas 7.5 PPG, 36.4 3P%
SF 5' 10" SR Nneka Obiazor (Only played 8 games, out for the season)
PF 6' 1" JR Alyssa Brown 9.1 PPG, 7.7 RPG
C 6' 1" SR Desi - Rae Young 17.9 PPG, 10.1 RPG, 59.2 FG%

Bench
SG 5' 11" JR Macie James (Transfer from Oklahoma St)
PG 5' 8" FR Amarchi Kimpson (McDonald's Nominee)
PF/C 6' 2" FR Meadow Rowland (McD Nom.)
SF 6' 0" FR McKinna Brackens (McD Nom.)
SG 5' 11" JR Kenadee Winfrey 4.4 PPG, 3.3 RPG
CG 5' 8" SO Jasmyn Lott 3.5 PPG
PG 5' 9" FR Macy Spencer
CG 5' 7" SR Ashley Scoggin
C 6' 3" SO Erica Collins

That's 14 players on the roster.

Last edited:
Recruiting for the 2024 Class

2024 PG 5' 7" Teagan Colvin (Her Top 5 is UNLV, Michigan, Washington St, BYU and Wisconsin ) <---COMMITTED to UNLV
2024 PF/C 6' 3" Jordan Thomas (Has offers from UNLV, Oklahoma St, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Missouri, SMU)
2024 PF 6' 2" Janessa Cotton (Has offers from UNLV, Louisville, Michigan, Colorado, Kentucky, Cal)

2024 SG 5' 11" Elli Guiney (UNLV, Princeton, S. Utah, Fresno St, N. Arizona) <---COMMITTED to UNLV
2024 PG 5' 7" Ashna Tambe (UNLV, San Diego St, Colorado St, Rice, George Washington, UC Irvine) <--- She has verballed to Penn

Last edited:

UNLV Lady Rebels, have the 1st, 5th and 8th.
Best incoming, HS Freshmen to the Mountain West Conference.

We just keep reloading, on the Back to Back MWC Titles.

Last edited:
Lindy has learned from 2 Hall of Fame coaches, when she was an assistant coach.
Sherri Coale from Oklahoma and current Stanford Head Coach Tara VanDerveer.
It has helped her learn and shape, how she coaches the game today.

Lindy has learned from 2 Hall of Fame coaches, when she was an assistant coach.
Sherri Coale from Oklahoma and current Stanford Head Coach Tara VanDerveer.
It has helped her learn and shape, how she coaches the game today.
She is doing really well right now. Need to win some games during the Dance...

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
Agreed, reminds me of Dave Rice. Haha.
Always, exiting in the first round.
But seriously, UNLV has the talent and depth this year. Running, 14 deep.
Hopefully, playing Arizona and Oklahoma. Will toughen, them up.
And, finally win a first round game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1Tripoda
Yes, and look at that.
UNLV, a Non-P5 program. Getting a gem.
Winning Championships, results in great players.
Great players like to play with great players and Lindy is landing them one after the other. UNLV had better be paying Lindy the money she deserves. KK has been making a butt load of money and he hasn't done shit.

Hold up guys..I think women’s basketball can be special. I wonder if they will move women’s games to the Thomas & Mack.

Hold up guys..I think women’s basketball can be special. I wonder if they will move women’s games to the Thomas & Mack
she just landed 3 Mickey D Candidates..is that not enough for some people?

Hold up guys..I think women’s basketball can be special. I wonder if they will move women’s games to the Thomas & Mack

she just landed 3 Mickey D Candidates..is that not enough for some people?
Good start...let's go win the tournament. Tongue and cheek with that comment. EVERYONE need to show up and support the Lady Rebels. Like the Aces, these young ladies are blazing new trails. The Aces won the whole thing last year, the Ladies Rebels need to one game in the NCAA tourney next year.

Last edited:
This is Desi - Rae Young's Senior season and last chance for her career to go out with a bang.
To win a First Round game, It's all about the seeding.
IF UNLV get's a 9th seed, we have a chance to get that first NCAA tournament win since 1991.
The last 2 NCAA seedings we got were, 13th and 11th.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Being here in tucson very similar to UA ladies rise. Not that good, bring in former player + fresh younger coach who kills it recruiting and explodes in just few years

Reactions: RebelScrub
Being here in tucson very similar to UA ladies rise. Not that good, bring in former player + fresh younger coach who kills it recruiting and explodes in just few years
We play you guys in a Home and Home series at the T&M first.
Starting the 23/24 season. This should be a blast.

Repped hard when we played in the tourney. Lot of respect from UA fans for Lindy / program build. Does she wait for the stanford job or when any big program calls does she leave

Repped hard when we played in the tourney. Lot of respect from UA fans for Lindy / program build. Does she wait for the stanford job or when any big program calls does she leave
La Rocque, is born and raised in Las Vegas.
It will take a special P5 program, to entice her to leave.
Her parents live in Vegas too.
Who knows, in 5 years UNLV might be in a Power 5 conference and she may not want to leave.

This is a hot take, my opinion of course but when Tara VanDerveer retires from Stanford.
I don't think, they offer the job to Lindy. They probably, give it to someone that's already at Stanford.
I could be wrong, just a hunch.

Last edited:
La Rocque, is born and raised in Las Vegas.
It will take a special a special P5 program, to entice her to leave.
Her parents live in Vegas too.
Who knows, in 5 years UNLV might be in Power 5 conference and she may not have to leave.

This is a hot take, my opinion of course but when Tara VanDerveer retires from Stanford.
I don't think, they offer the job to Lindy. They probably, give it to someone that's already at Stanford.
I could be wrong, just a hunch.
Her baby is not even a year old. Her parents help take care of the baby. Lindy isn't going job hunting for a few years. If she continues with her rise it's possible she could land a job with the Aces.

Her baby is not even a year old. Her parents help take care of the baby. Lindy isn't going job hunting for a few years. If she continues with her rise it's possible she could land a job with the Aces.
Interesting, never thought about that angle.

This is Desi - Rae Young's Senior season and last chance for her career to go out with a bang.
To win a First Round game, It's all about the seeding.
IF UNLV get's a 9th seed, we have a chance to get that first NCAA tournament win since 1991.
The last 2 NCAA seedings we got were, 13th and 11th.
That seeding is important.

Something else is important. The players should never go into the big dance thinking they need to change something in their game. I didn't realize that I was so superstitious until we played Michigan. One of our Lady Rebels did something she hadn't done all season. It threw me off within seconds when she went in. I know because I watched all their games. And my dumb superstitious self just knows it threw her off her game as well. Do you know what I'm talking about?

That seeding is important.

Something else is important. The players should never go into the big dance thinking they need to change something in their game. I didn't realize that I was so superstitious until we played Michigan. One of our Lady Rebels did something she hadn't done all season. It threw me off within seconds when she went in. I know because I watched all their games. And my dumb superstitious self just knows it threw her off her game as well. Do you know what I'm talking about?
No. Expand?

The Cox has been sold out for the Lady Rebels... 1 time. 1st time ever last season. Until they are playing SRO on the regular, it is MUCH better to play in a LOUD Cox Pavilion than to have a scrimmage game atmosphere with 3,000 in the T&M. Now is a good time to really push and have a few marquee matchups in the T&M but there needs to be butts in the seats to make the move.

Was at Baton Rouge for the UNLV/Michigan game but don't recall anything breaking a norm from anybody coming into the game other than maybe a different celebration after a 3 or something.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Actually, didn't they sellout the San Diego St. game too at Cox.
There were a lot of fans in the stands.
3K there too, I believe.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Agree with @WYNN or Dye. Very interesting!

But would the Aces hire her after a couple more years? She's not proven like their current coach is, or even like Bill Lambier was. Not saying that she doesn't have "it," just that we don't know yet (and won't within a couple of years). Guiding a mid-major college team isn't the same as coaching a pro team that is set up to win it all.

She's far exceeding our expectations which is very refreshing!

Actually, didn't they sellout the San Diego St. game too at Cox.
There were a lot of fans in the stands.
3K there too, I believe.
Indeed. UNR was listed as a sellout @ 2,500 and the SDSU game was an SRO, venue-record 2,993. Mea culpa.

Point is still the same, 3K in the T&M is a scrimmage game atmosphere. Now, if they have a demand for 3,000 season tickets, that's a different story which makes it a situation with no choice but to move and can be done easily since they don't sell season tickets with actual row/seat locations, just general admission except for the court-side seats.

The Aces are averaging 8,700 per game. Lady Rebs are on a big upswing so I would expect their numbers to be steadily increasing especially with the level of recruiting that is happening right now. If last year got us to 3 sellouts then this year will probably be double that. Sellouts should be an automatic move to the T&M. The AD needs to have a few games tied into Runnin Rebs with season ticket holders getting in at no added cost. Need to expose the ladies to more Rebel fans already spending money to support the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT