ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread UNLV hosting Air Force

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
UNLV's best shot at a regular season win through the rest of the year (we host Utah and go to UNR to end things).

Guessing UNLV to be a 5 point favorite in this one. AFA hasn't beaten anybody of worth, unless you count the same sub-500 freefalling Lobos that UNLV beat.

If AFA is patient, and they usually are, it might be a tight one, especially if UNLV is just playing out the string. I'd say the Rebels are, but I feel they played relatively well and focused at Boise. So I think the difference in overall athleticism and speed will put things in the Rebels favor. The game is "not important" in that both teams will be playing on the first night (highly likely unless one of the teams wins out, not happening) of the MWCT, but it certainly can have an impact on seeding which would impact the matchup. Rebels are 8th of 11, can fall to 9th of 11, but could (highly unlikely) climb to the 6th spot by the end of the season. Any way you slice it, it's a downright ugly, disgusting and underachieving season. It was the refs, it was injuries, blah, blah, blah.

UNLV 72
AFA 67

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News