ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer targets??

McClendon from uclz hit transfer portal, he has a nice shot. Isn't he from Vegas? Former top 50 recruit. Not a star, but could be rotation guy here.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I’ll bet a million bucks he doesn’t reach his average in scoring but does surpass rebounding. I don’t see much of an offensive weapon in him. He could have a couple double digit scoring games here and there… maybe, but I don’t think it will be consistent.
Yeah he looks like an old school center. He shoots that hook quickly but he is kind of slow. But he also looks like he isn’t afraid to do the dirty work. If he only averages 6-7 a game but grabs 9 or so boards a game I would definitely take that along with good defense.

Yeah he looks like an old school center. He shoots that hook quickly but he is kind of slow. But he also looks like he isn’t afraid to do the dirty work. If he only averages 6-7 a game but grabs 9 or so boards a game I would definitely take that along with good defense.
Being a slow big man who rebounds, doesn't that make him a Jones clone?

Cherry only played 17 minutes a game so that has to be taken into consideration when looking at his stats.

Do any of you follow Juco basketball recruiting? I do. Also, I will admit readily that the talent level of Juco hoops is not what is was during the 70’s though the 90’s. But it appears Juco hoops has improved, especially the talent in the top 25 ranked players. Also, the best source for player rankings is Juco Recruiting and they do a good job IMO.

In this years Final 4 there are two Juco transfer starters. Mohamed Diarra for NC State was the No. 1 rated juco player. Nick Pringle for Alabama was rated No. 5. Juco Recruiting ranks Bear Cherry No. 2 in this class. My point is this. Based on past ratings top 25 ranked juco’s have high major potential.

Here’s the instagram link for juco players who are starters in this years Final 4.

https://www.instagram.com/cbbuncharted/p/C5WpxlwvF0o/

Last edited:
If Cherry can come in and provide Pringle or Diarra impact down low we will be all right... Both were huge defensive presences and rebounding

If Cherry can come in and provide Pringle or Diarra impact down low we will be all right... Both were huge defensive presences and rebounding
Only time will tell. But Cherry is a BIG man and has a mature skill set and uses his size/body really well in the low post. Good hands too. What stands out IMO is how well he runs the floor and he has a motor which IMO is under appreciated. Just my take. He should get a little leaner by about 10-15 lbs which shouldn’t be too hard to do.

Only time will tell. But Cherry is a BIG man and has a mature skill set and uses his size/body really well in the low post. Good hands too. What stands out IMO is how well he runs the floor and he has a motor which IMO is under appreciated. Just my take. He should get a little leaner by about 10-15 lbs which shouldn’t be too hard to do.
It really doesn't make a difference if he runs the floor because the Rebels walk it up.

It really doesn't make a difference if he runs the floor because the Rebels walk it up.
I think this take was purely off of necessity. Mostly Kalib that couldn't keep up.
The pace at Princeton was much faster. Now we could physically dominate them which helped. But I don't think CKK wants to go slow necessarily, except for late game leads of course [roll]. We didn't go very slow the first 2 seasons.
I expect next season to be a little quicker. It just depends if our bigs and keep pace and still play defense.

I will be really upset if our coaching staff retains the walking the ball upcourt style. It’s up to Dedan to say F it, we are picking up the pace. He should not be paying 38-40 minutes a game. Give him a breather but never stop bringing the heat. Hope Coach Kruger reads this. It’s on him to bring back the Runnin Rebels. It’s what everybody wants. Become up tempo or become extinct.

I think this take was purely off of necessity. Mostly Kalib that couldn't keep up.
The pace at Princeton was much faster. Now we could physically dominate them which helped. But I don't think CKK wants to go slow necessarily, except for late game leads of course [roll]. We didn't go very slow the first 2 seasons.
I expect next season to be a little quicker. It just depends if our bigs and keep pace and still play defense.
"I think this take was purely off of necessity."

IDTS. It's the way CKK is. He's averaged 198th in Tempo by KenPom in his three years. He's talked several times in Press Conferences about how important it is to VALUE each possession.

IDTS. It's the way CKK is. He's averaged 198th in Tempo by KenPom in his three years. He's talked several times in Press Conferences about how important it is to VALUE each possession.
The apple don’t fall far from the tree…

Quicker? Kruger ball will never push the tempo. All his players will gas.

22-23 we would push on made baskets and created a lot of turnovers and pushed there. The overall tempo was slow mostly because our half court offense was so one dimensional we took time to get a shot off. We pushed whenever we could to avoid the half court.
Half court offense has improved some with our ball dominant player being a better passer and having true low post threats.
You can value possesions by taking good shots, transition shots can be very good too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT