ADVERTISEMENT

This Walk-On can really play. Already on campus and working out with the team

Not sure why the tweet isnt posted, but its Silas Sagote. Totaled 104 total tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, 15 QB hurries, 2 int, 5 pass breakups, 3 fumble recoveries, 1 forced fumble, 2 defensive TDs, & 2 blocked punts as a senior at Coronado. Graduated in 2023.

Your tweets have stopped loading on here for some time now... not sure of its universal or user specific. But sounds like a good pickup.. interested to hear if signing day went as planned?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I don’t remember hearing much on this guy last season at CU but UNLV needs to have a decent “walk on” program going forward!

Your tweets have stopped loading on here for some time now... not sure of its universal or user specific. But sounds like a good pickup.. interested to hear if signing day went as planned?
Apologies for the twitter stuff. No idea what is going on with that.

But signing day went as expected. Lots of bodies signed for depth, but some with Vegas connections and real locker room guys. We signed a collegiate volleyball player; gave that up to walk on to our football team. Vegas kid. Idk much about his football skills.

I believe there were 5 signings where the announcement was not made publicly on social media. Silas was the only one that moved me; he committed over a month ago.

I think he has a good chance of contributing before he leaves UNLV. Him, Blessyng, and all of the c/o 2024 linebackers are thumpers. I would not want to be running HB Dive against them.

His production makes me wonder why he didn't get more looks.

Is he a little undersized? Not good in coverage ? (with all the spread offenses these days you have to have some ability to cover days of the 2 down LB are fading away a bit.)

5'10" 195 lbs

That would explain it a bit. Small for LB at college level. That said if he's fast enough he could play a hybrid SF/LB spot in 3-3-5.

Worst case he's a guy that could be a special teams ace and fill in for you in a pinch on defense.

Pretty much what you hope for out of a walk on. If he produces more even better.

Reactions: dcut03
That would explain it a bit. Small for LB at college level. That said if he's fast enough he could play a hybrid SF/LB spot in 3-3-5.

Worst case he's a guy that could be a special teams ace and fill in for you in a pinch on defense.

Pretty much what you hope for out of a walk on. If he produces more even better.
Again production versus measurables. I know a lot of guys that look great in a uniform but have no production and visa versa. That's where walk-ons have to play themselves into a scholarship and star system guys play themselves out of one. It's been happening ever since they've laced them up.

Again production versus measurables. I know a lot of guys that look great in a uniform but have no production and visa versa. That's where walk-ons have to play themselves into a scholarship and star system guys play themselves out of one. It's been happening ever since they've laced them up.

Absolutely.

Just watched his HUDL tape. Listed at 5'11 205. So there's some room to grow. I wouldn't call him an explosive athlete, but dude has a good motor. Does not quit on plays, really sure tackler. Wraps up vs going for the big hit. Quite a few special teams plays as well.

With his production in HS you absolutely take a guy like that, especially as a walk on.

Last edited:
Apologies for the twitter stuff. No idea what is going on with that.

But signing day went as expected. Lots of bodies signed for depth, but some with Vegas connections and real locker room guys. We signed a collegiate volleyball player; gave that up to walk on to our football team. Vegas kid. Idk much about his football skills.

I believe there were 5 signings where the announcement was not made publicly on social media. Silas was the only one that moved me; he committed over a month ago.

I'm going to see if any of the embed systems changed with rivals and or X and see if I can find a workaround for you. Maybe I can come up with an embed tag you can use if it is yours specifically. I know Twitter/X has gone through some recent API changes, also why Discord has been having tweet embed issues recently with bots on various servers.

I'm going to see if any of the embed systems changed with rivals and or X and see if I can find a workaround for you. Maybe I can come up with an embed tag you can use if it is yours specifically. I know Twitter/X has gone through some recent API changes, also why Discord has been having tweet embed issues recently with bots on various servers.
Can always take a screen shot as a worst case solution.

They broke the mapping when they switched urls from twitter to x. I’m guessing this a product of mincing legacy and new guids. They probably took the quick and dirty route and now both guids are appended to each asset instead of replacing the old ones. Super sloppy and lazy coding; but I guess that makes sense since Elon cleaned house and fired 80% of the company.

They broke the mapping when they switched urls from twitter to x. I’m guessing this a product of mincing legacy and new guids. They probably took the quick and dirty route and now both guids are appended to each asset instead of replacing the old ones. Super sloppy and lazy coding; but I guess that makes sense since Elon cleaned house and fired 80% of the company.
They sucked before with the useless staff prior to Elon, and they suck now with the staff of Elon. Nothing has changed.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Reno loaded up on transfers. List looks impressive and they should improve with their new qb's. Lots of P5 players moving to the altitude.

Reno loaded up on transfers. List looks impressive and they should improve with their new qb's. Lots of P5 players moving to the altitude.
If you look at the transfer portal post I had, it shows from 1-12 the rank of the transfer portal classes in the MWC. UNLV 1st, Utah State 2nd, and unr 3rd.

On my phone I can see the twitter stuff but, on my laptop, I can't see the twitter messages, even the ones that I post. I don't know enough about technology to change this or that around on my laptop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT