ADVERTISEMENT

The pink elephant in the room..

I realize every AD has lists already of potential coaches. I guess I should have worded it that I hope he is fine tuning his list and checking on true potential candidates

Reactions: rebel5280
I realize every AD has lists already of potential coaches. I guess I should have worded it that I hope he is fine tuning his list and checking on true potential candidates

My response would have been roughly the same.

I suppose I agree. As does probably everyone.

It wouldn't surprise me if Kevin isn't the coach next year... Harper obviously isn't trigger shy and if the right name pops up I predict we will do it.. Kevin will be fine, he'll go because assistant in a big time conference then get a second shot. It shouldn't be this hard to win in this conference.

The fourth ranked NET conference in the country.

Great point. 🙄

Last edited:
Funny how things have changed. If the current NIL deals existed when the Ivy league played at the higher division, they would be every team in the top ten. The endowments of these schools would allow them to provide every player with $1 million each if they really wanted to play the cash game. They would put schools like Alabama, Texas A & M, Georgia, etc all to shame!
Naw, I’d have to believe that majority of those playing in the SEC wouldn’t qualify academically for the IVY league.

I was completely fooled by KK. Thought he was the maven of defense and portal recruiting.

Part of it is I always want to be fooled by our new coach. I want success so bad I'm a sucker. Like those people who fall for Preachers who convince them that they can cure cancer.

Last edited:
Reactions: rebel5280
I was completely fooled by KK. Thought he was the maven of defense and portal recruiting.

Part of is I always want to be fooled by our new coach. I want success so bad I'm a sucker. Like those people who fall for Preachers who convince them that they can cure cancer.
Snake oil salesman! I wanted him to be the guy here too!

• Angry
Reactions: RebelScrub
Snake oil salesman! I wanted him to be the guy here too!
You get what you pay for... Des didn't want a,long drawn out process so she took the easy route when TJ left egg all over her face. It's not to say Kevin's not going to do well the next time he gets his shot and being moderately competent with running a program has opened door much more than post Menzies... that being said, look at the other programs in the conference and tell me why basketball fails, when other schools make better solid hires and compete. This isn't football, it shouldn't be too hard to put together a roster that can compete in the conference and not drop home games vs worse team in conference.

• Angry
Reactions: RebelScrub
Dude..you guys are seriously smoking crack to want Kevin fired.

From what I saw if I wasn’t eating my 14 dollar Rebel hot dog..

CSU came up big. They made the extra shots, they wanted the game more.

We just seriously choked it. The players made mistakes..

The inbound (@Ogami8888 ) white boy inbounded it in..and it was kinda behind..

Dude, mcgabe f’d up the inbounds play..

Bounced off the dudes foot and the CSU defender made a heckuva defensive play.

That’s NOT any of Kruger’s fault.

You get what you pay for... Des didn't want a,long drawn out process so she took the easy route when TJ left egg all over her face. It's not to say Kevin's not going to do well the next time he gets his shot and being moderately competent with running a program has opened door much more than post Menzies... that being said, look at the other programs in the conference and tell me why basketball fails, when other schools make better solid hires and compete. This isn't football, it shouldn't be too hard to put together a roster that can compete in the conference and not drop home games vs worse team in conference.
You know, it may be funny but I think if Kevin were at a P5 he might be next young up and comer HC. I am not convinced he will ever get it done here, too bad!

I didn't say I wanted him fired. He gets at least another year as far as I'm concerned. Probably two due to his pedigree. I'm just disappointed. And frustrated as a fan.

You always foul up 3...
That's the coaches call, Kevin said in his presser they never considered it.
Right before that they let CSU roll ball up to mid court so Steven's could nail a 3, no 3/4 court pressure up 4? That's coaching...
This is not the first time we've struggled with end of game situations. The supposed lock down defense has been meh... this team doesn't have an basket IQ for a team full of older transfers.

This CSU team us not good. It shouldn't have even been within 3 to get to OT. We shouldn't be losing to bad teams at home in conference. Does that mean fire the guy, no... but reality is if you're the AD and you didn't hire him and the team spirals in conference play and you miss postseason, you're going to want to listen if the right names float to your ears, that's the pressure you get as a "basketball" school

Please refer to our AD as Erick “SL” Harper here downstairs..

I had a great f’n time.

😂 at the idiots talking about Kevin Kruger getting poached! If he gets poached, it will be to Bishop Gorman!

Part of it is I always want to be fooled by our new coach. I want success so bad I'm a sucker. Like those people who fall for Preachers who convince them that they can cure cancer.
I thought it was a bad hire from the moment it was announced.

You always foul up 3...
That's the coaches call, Kevin said in his presser they never considered it.
Right before that they let CSU roll ball up to mid court so Steven's could nail a 3, no 3/4 court pressure up 4? That's coaching...
This is not the first time we've struggled with end of game situations. The supposed lock down defense has been meh... this team doesn't have an basket IQ for a team full of older transfers.

This CSU team us not good. It shouldn't have even been within 3 to get to OT. We shouldn't be losing to bad teams at home in conference. Does that mean fire the guy, no... but reality is if you're the AD and you didn't hire him and the team spirals in conference play and you miss postseason, you're going to want to listen if the right names float to your ears, that's the pressure you get as a "basketball" school
Agreed with everything except for the not firing the head coach part.

The time is NOW to fix men’s basketball and football so that we can get into a P5 conference!

Let’s be objective here. Asking everybody, where would you rank Kevin Kruger as a head coach in the MW? Out of the 11 head coaches, he’s 9th at best. Is that going to get UNLV to the NCAA Tournament. F-ck no!

I didn't say I wanted him fired. He gets at least another year as far as I'm concerned. Probably two due to his pedigree. I'm just disappointed. And frustrated as a fan.
He has a $3.1 million buyout, so we’re stuck with him for at least another year.

I don't think Kevin Kruger gets fired anytime soon. Lon Kruger looming over the program makes him untouchable for at least 2-3 years. It's too politically risky to go after him now.

I don't think Kevin Kruger gets fired anytime soon. Lon Kruger looming over the program makes him untouchable for at least 2-3 years. It's too politically risky to go after him now.

I didn’t know Lon has a degree from UNLV.

You know what I think lost the game ? Prob not , but here it is anyway.
8.6 seconds to go . They inbound the ball and we let them roll it into our side of half court. This used up no time instead of pressuring the ball and using 3-5 seconds. And by the way ....you are up 3 pts....FOUL THEM . But I am not a coach.

8.6 seconds to go . They inbound the ball and we let them roll it into our side of half court. This used up no time instead of pressuring the ball and using 3-5 seconds. And by the way ....you are up 3 pts....FOUL THEM . But I am not a coach.
Said same thing above... both instances you could put a little pressure in the ball and make them dribble vs your press. Again, that's not players, that's coaching. And it's not the first game where end of game scenarios look like they've never been worked on.

What lost the game was the thorough asswhooping on the bench. Niko Medved is 1,000 times the head coach that Lon Kruger is. Colorado State ran offense and shot 50% from the field and 40% from three. We shot under 40% from the field and less than 30% from three. Our offense is a joke. Our defense is gimmicky!

The elephant changed colors. A week ago, watch out for the poach to a bigger school.

Today, fire him.

He’s going nowhere. Short of reducing us to Incarnate Word, he’s here for at least another year.

The elephant changed colors. A week ago, watch out for the poach to a bigger school.

Today, fire him.

He’s going nowhere. Short of reducing us to Incarnate Word, he’s here for at least another year.
I think this was too big of a stage for a first time HC. Has not established himself enough in the recruiting circles. IMO. Baffling hire. Love the idea ,but too much of a gamble. If he can land some talent this off season as in 2-3 better player that are currently on this team including a true 5 inside presence on BOTH sides of the ball then he might have a chance.

Today, fire him.

Incarnate Word has a 15 acre Campus. They are on the uppity up.

I agree he’s not going anywhere. And he shouldn’t.

It was a fantastic game!!! One of the best I’ve seen live in YEARS!!

Well, you slept straight through Noah’s buzzer beater vs BYU.
Were you at yesterday’s game or u worked/slept..??

Met a lot of people. You won’t believe this but people were taking pictures of me with them!!

Coach Laroque is building a program the right way. Huge crowd of basketball kids/families sign autographs for the kids.

She is building that connection with the crowd.

If I’m “SL” Erick Harper..have them trade spots as coach, elevate Laroque to Men’s basketball head coach!!!

Met a lot of people. You won’t believe this but people were taking pictures of me with them!!

Coach Laroque is building a program the right way. Huge crowd of basketball kids/families sign autographs for the kids.

If I’m “SL” Erick Harper..have them trade spots as coach, elevate Laroque to Men’s basketball head coach!!!
Why are you calling Erick Harper a “Sith Lord?”

Funny how things have changed. If the current NIL deals existed when the Ivy league played at the higher division, they would be every team in the top ten. The endowments of these schools would allow them to provide every player with $1 million each if they really wanted to play the cash game. They would put schools like Alabama, Texas A & M, Georgia, etc all to shame!
One hitch in that giddyup is that's now how endowments work. 99.9% of endowments can't be touched for athletics and are very narrow in terms of what they can be used for. Mostly research and specific colleges within a university. Athletics see zero of that cash

Why are you calling Erick Harper a “Sith Lord?”
Because a “sith” lord always thinks in absolutes. He is always scheming to replace somebody if they are not doing their job.

They are diabolical. They always think of who you can replace. They must always think that they are out to rule the universe!!

I appreciate you offering to buy me a beer when you went to find a knife for your hotdog!

One hitch in that giddyup is that's now how endowments work. 99.9% of endowments can't be touched for athletics and are very narrow in terms of what they can be used for. Mostly research and specific colleges within a university. Athletics see zero of that cash
So this just isn’t a Mormon thing? Fascinating stuff!!

Agreed with everything except for the not firing the head coach part.

The time is NOW to fix men’s basketball and football so that we can get into a P5 conference!

Let’s be objective here. Asking everybody, where would you rank Kevin Kruger as a head coach in the MW? Out of the 11 head coaches, he’s 9th at best. Is that going to get UNLV to the NCAA Tournament. F-ck no!
We’re going to big sky bro..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT