ADVERTISEMENT

Some Wyoming Thoughts

the Florian Trout

UNLV Hall of Fame
Jan 27, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
Worst announcers I have ever listened to in my life.

Is Morgan is the most disappointing freshman to ever play for UNLV? it has to be either him or Beas Hamga. I heard so much about Morgan. i'm hoping by his 5th year at UNLV that he will be good. Should've redshirted this year and since he didn't, hopefully next year.

Our players do too much ball watching and too much not paying attention to their men. Can't believe Wyoming got layups and dunks as we walked back.

Refs were also terrible. bad foul calls and only UNLV travels.

yes, i'm bellyaching. Happy New Year Rebel fans, wish we could've celebrated with a win!

Ball watching..... yea.

That move by Vaughn at the end was sweet. Wish more plays coming off screens and rolls could be drawn up for him. And free throws (sigh).

Not really disappointed. WY looking decent this year and it was a good fought conference road game. Just need to take care of them on the return trip to the T&M.

I know 3 College hoops refs by name because they are the 3 worst refs in all of sports and 2 of them were unfortunately on this game...Eric Curry & Randy McCall. They did definitely account for the margin of victory but this is nowhere near the worst I've seen them. I was expecting them to account for a 15+ point edge for Wyoming but they managed to keep it in single digits.

Agree with all points from trout except the Morgan part. He has been pretty disapointing to me after what I heard but putting him in the same class as Hamga is kinda harsh.

I have no idea why he got so many minutes today because he had an especially bad game.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Morgan has been really disappointing. Dude needs to step up his game. He is all over the place. And his shots are atrocious. He is always clanking stuff off the rim or backboard or just straight up air balling it. He has had some nice fg's. Overall though, he is the most disappointing player in quite a while based off the hype that he came in with. At least he helped land okonoboh and vaughn.

He gets called for way too many cheap fouls as well. That and his so far awfull shooting touch is what annoys me the most. I read so much in the off season about how hard he worked to make his shot better.

He needs to use the great athleticism to make plays and stick to that for now. Put backs and the like.

the Hamga thing was bad, i agree. it was out of pure frustration.

i love Moragn and had so much hope for him. he gets called for absolute BS calls (some of them). the only thing i've been impressed with is his passing, he will and does give it up when the opportunities present themselves.

i'm annoyed because they got a ton of easy baskets.

The easy baskets was the difference in the game IMO.

I am still somewhat encouraged for the conference games. The team is a whole lot better than what they were at the start of the year and I see no reason why that can't continue.

Most likely they lose to Kansas and we will need one hell of a run to get an at large birth. If I had to make a prediction right now I would say this team continues to improve but still needs to win the conference tourney, which they do being on our home court.

I agree Morgan has been a disappointment. He played so much bc Goodluck kept fouling everyone and had to ride the pine with foul trouble. However, I don't think rice should've taken him out given how bad Morgan was playing tonight. It hurt us with him out. Morgans problem is he is too small to play inside and can't shoot to play the wing. He is like a 6-2 shooting guard going to the nba. Just a tweener.

All the players make lazy passes, play lazy defense, and don't get back on D. Along with that Vaughn's free throw shooting, actually the whole team's, is horrendous. If he is going to continue to take the ball to the hole he is going to be fouled and needs to learn to make free throws. Otherwise, it is just a wasted possession. These two things will cost us a lot of games. If they start to play hard nose D and get back in transition with better FT shooting that will allow them to be much more successful and win the close games.

Hopefully we win at Kansas. Otherwise, our temple win is offset by losing to them.

All heart Rebs. We w.in conference everyone gAsping WTF was that
Go Rebs
This post was edited on 12/31 11:35 PM by TomKingsley

Give morgan time. He just needs that and to build confidence. He will be a stud. Most of our freshman have bloomed but he hasn't. Yet. Ease up on him. He will be a great player

WY looking decent this year and it was a good fought conference road game. Just need to take care of them on the return trip to the T&M.

Originally posted by Kruger's brother Fred:

...Morgan took three bad outside shots, and needs to get a better understanding of what he is expected to do. I don't think 12 ft jumpers are his primary role right now. Other than shot selection, which is easily fixable, I don't see any reason for blasting his play....
i agree with all you said but the Morgan stuff.

i'm blasting because it's the expectation of what he was going to bring. he was close to be a McD AA. he played on the USA squad until a family member became ill. 5 star recruit on many rankings. he's playing about as well as an every day recruit.

i do understand that my expectations don't mean jack and neither do rankings. also, he's being asked to play and defend the PF position which doesn't help and he gets tons of fouls called on him which limits everything.

i still think he'll end up being a fantastic player. he's incredibly fast and i hear all he does is work, but i never guessed he'd be this far behind.

I think the free throw shooting will come around for Vaughn. He was a good free throw shooter in high school and he obviously is a great shooter overall. It is just one of those things where he has gotten that mental block and is in his own head.

I agree the shot selection is the biggest problem for Morgan. Being blasted is a strong word for the criticsm he has received. He just isn't playing his game right now, obviously. He just isn't playing his game so far and I definitely think he will snap out of it.

Once he does he will be a great player for us. I would like to see more pump fakes from him and use that slashing get to the basket speed he has.

I just absolutely love Morgan's length and his quickness. He's lightning in a bottle and he will blow up. I don't doubt it. He's just going to take a minute. I really think he lacks confidence at this point but I would put money on his success.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT